Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official June 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited July 2020 in June 2020 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official June 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the June 2020 LSAT-Flex here!

Rules:

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• catlovercatlover Member
    56 karma

I felt weird on LR... but I'm not sure why. Could have been because of distracting noise in my background. Could have been because it was a little tougher than I'm used to. Anyone else have any thoughts?

• michael scottmichael scott Member
    4 karma

I think there were a couple of weird LR questions but for the most part were normal. Average LR for me. RC took me a bit longer and I was rushed so I didn’t feel quite as good about it. LG was my first section and I was a bit nervous but overall that went pretty well. Average difficulty imo.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

LG was my first section. Fucked up the in and out game with a bunch of rules but overall average LR and RC.

• bfc9czbfc9cz Core Member
    48 karma

RC has always been strong for me, so I was unused to feeling so rushed. I've never liked science passages though, so I guess I should've expected to struggle on that. LG seemed typical to me and it was nice to have it first so that I could get it out of the way, but I didn't quite finish the last game, which was frustrating. I thought that LR was a breeze and I had 7 minutes to check my answers -- I wished that I could have applied those 7 minutes to the other sections!

• legalstateofmindlegalstateofmind Alum Member
    101 karma

I felt like LR questions were more straight forward and less tricky than other PTs I took in 70s and 80s. I had 3mins in the end to come back to questions I wasn’t sure of.

RC is the one I cant really gauge how I did. I especially struggled with the comparative passage which I did last. I ended up guessing the last two questions on that passage.

LG felt pretty normal but I struggled with two questions on the third in/out game. Seemed pretty simple at first but had a lot of rules to track. Was eating my time so had to come back after finishing the fourth game.

Overall, I didn’t think it was unusually harder than I expected maybe because I was anticipating the worst haha.. it was my first real lsat so really not sure about my performance

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Did anyone have something different on RC than:

Civil Right Movement
    Shipwreck/ UNESCO recommendation
    Prescriptive vs Descriptive grammar
    International Debt and quality of life

Also did you feel like LR was heavy on conditional logic?

• catlovercatlover Member
    56 karma

Those of you who had LG last... I can't stop thinking about the first game, actually. I had a tough time with it, so much so that I kind of decided to cut and run to the other games, which I thought weren't easy but fine. Anyone else have a similar experience with that first game?

• Lana KaneLana Kane Alum Member
    176 karma

@canihazJD I had one about bankruptcy and a science one about fossils. I can’t remember the other two.

I had a MAJOR problem with ProctorU though. I noticed at the beginning of RC that none of my highlight/underline tools were working and I immediately asked the proctor to pause my test while we investigated. She made me prove to her it wasn’t working, and didn’t end up actually pausing my test until 15 mins has gone by (the whole time asking me questions via the chat so I wasn’t able to work on any passages). After 1.5hrs of waiting she came back and said my choices were cancelling on the spot and LSAC would reschedule me for July/August or finishing. They couldn’t add back all my time that they had wasted. I chose to finish but did an entire RC section in 20 mins. Good times.

• Ben butinBen butin Alum Member
    112 karma

My entire test closed out for like 5 min and couldnt refocus. Does anyone know how the complaints work for the lsat?

• raevco25raevco25 Alum Member
    139 karma

@catlover I had the exact same experience. I ended up flagging 4 questions and completely guessing because I couldn't figure them out. Fortunately I had some time at the end to circle back, and I felt a little better about 2 that seemed right. I always have a difficult time knowing how LG actually goes until I BR, so I'm not sure what to expect just based on that.

• leah8282leah8282 Alum Member
    75 karma

just a note for the weary: my may 2020 technical experience with proctor U was insane.... utter trash. took june test today and had zero tech problems, no wait. far, far better. the test was really hard IMO, but the tech could be trusted.

• jankleyjankley Member
    73 karma

@"Young Scrappy and Hungry" I recommend calling customer service, emailing LSAC info, and testsecurity@lsac.org. You should circle back if you don't hear from them. They "lost my email" the first time around, but it got me a free voucher for this test!

• jankleyjankley Member
    73 karma

Not the easiest test. Some of the LR questions were long and unlike some of the stimuli I've seen before... RC took a while and was pressed for time and the third game threw me a loop.

Otherwise, good experience with proctorU! I had a HORRIBLE time with the May test with lots of technical difficulty. This time my proctor was barely there but a trustworthy source. Good experience, hope the curve runs in my favor. ;)

• Aaron.clemmerAaron.clemmer Member
    15 karma

Just finished the test. I had zero problems with proctorU - logistically, everything was super smooth for me. I found LR and LG sections about average. RC for me was rough. Maybe it was just my mindset, but all 4 passages felt like they had high difficulty. I had been averaging about 7-9 minutes per passage (or less) on all PTs, but realized I had spent 10 minutes on the first passage and was rushed after that. Did anyone else find the passages tough? Or maybe it was just me feeling the pressure of the actual test.

• Davidb123Davidb123 Alum Member
    70 karma

Just finished. Great experience with ProctorU. No technical issues. Logic games section was incredibly easy, although I generally excel in that section. LR was average and manageable, I finished with 5 minutes left to review flagged questions. RC was hard as usual but nothing impossible, I finished with 3-4 minutes left to review flagged and skipped questions.

Now we wait for June 30th!

Thank you 7Sage. Couldn’t have done it all without* you!

*[without - Logical indicator group 3 - negate sufficient] ;)

• 310 karma

Ah I can't even explain the emotion I have right now from completing the real thing! First of all I just want all of us to be communally celebrating regardless of any difficulties that came up. We completed the real test!

RC was freaking rough, man. I am having so many doubts regarding it that are making me almost want to cancel (I'm too hard-headed to actually do that though, LOL). LR and LG went great which is even more infuriating (why can't I perform well on ALL 3 sections?!?!). its just the RC that left me with genuine puzzlement until the last passage. Would love some encouragement even if it's feigned, good luck everyone and remember you're not alone in the painful 2 week wait for score releases!!

• 18 karma

@"Lana Kane" said:
    @canihazJD I had one about bankruptcy and a science one about fossils. I can’t remember the other two.

I had a MAJOR problem with ProctorU though. I noticed at the beginning of RC that none of my highlight/underline tools were working and I immediately asked the proctor to pause my test while we investigated. She made me prove to her it wasn’t working, and didn’t end up actually pausing my test until 15 mins has gone by (the whole time asking me questions via the chat so I wasn’t able to work on any passages). After 1.5hrs of waiting she came back and said my choices were cancelling on the spot and LSAC would reschedule me for July/August or finishing. They couldn’t add back all my time that they had wasted. I chose to finish but did an entire RC section in 20 mins. Good times.

I also had these two plus one on arts and tax funds + first nations and agricultural methods

• 18 karma

Hi everyone, I am commenting this because when I went through the May thread I saw all bad

I had a normal experience - nothing went wrong with proctorU - they just switched people three or four times and i could tell by my mouse moving - which i confirmed by looking at the names changing in the chatbox when I was done.

I found RC to be easier to read then most practice tests
    one of the LG games really sent me for a loop
    LR had a few weird ones but nothing glaring in my opinion!

112 karma

When you figure out how to do the last LG 4 hours after your test hahhahahahahha

• lawgirl101lawgirl101 Alum Member
    38 karma

Just finished the test. Please make sure your computer supports Keka. Mine did not and so I had to change computers (luckily I borrowed a friend's). Proctor was easy and didn't bother me. LR was very difficult for me, while LG and RC were fair. Would reccomend making sure you can get all the questions done in time and being flexible about skipping questions.

• eugenia_yo9eugenia_yo9 Alum Member
    9 karma

Just completed the test. I didn't have trouble with ProctorU which was nice. LG was easy. LR was normal. RC was kind of difficult for me.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@stavroula, What is Keka?

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Has anyone done their writing yet? I just can't bring myself to do it lol

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

@noonawoon said:
    Has anyone done their writing yet? I just can't bring myself to do it lol

I haven't even done my May Flex writing yet. I took both May and June lol.

• wugggggiewugggggie Alum Member
    15 karma

I will be taking Flex in July. Would anyone please share if scratch paper is allowed during LR? Thanks!

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

@amberandbird said:
    I will be taking Flex in July. Would anyone please share if scratch paper is allowed during LR? Thanks!

You are allowed 5 piece of paper and allowed to use all 5 in all sections.

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

Does anyone who had the pets/apartments LG set remember what the linear sequencing game subject was?

apartments - pets/no pets
    commercials - short/long
    interviews - Wa/Fm/Fa
    ????

• mreece866mreece866 Yearly Member
    edited June 2020 11 karma

@"Young Scrappy and Hungry" said:
    My entire test closed out for like 5 min and couldnt refocus. Does anyone know how the complaints work for the lsat?
    If you get a response on this please let me know. My proctor was horrible took an hour and a half from the supposed start time for me to begin. His computer crashed then he forgot the password he was supposed to give me it was insane, and I definitely want to request a fee waiver, it completely threw me off.

• AAjdllmphdAAjdllmphd Alum Member
    edited June 2020 8 karma

I did cancel my score. I had a difficulty in viewing the exam material on a 6x4 screen within my screen.

• 124 karma

My test experience was very bumpy -

• started with games, LR and then RC - games were really challenging had not seen set ups like that before, LR pretty standard, RC was much denser and repetitive than anything I have practiced, lots and lots of repeated words sometimes with one sentence -

Technical Issues:
    Started 1.5 hours after scheduled time due to problems on ProctorU site - finally got a proctor and he was decent and efficient - no apologies for late start
    In the middle of RC a window pops up over my text and text starts scrolling and I look into my camera and ask them to pause the test no response then I try messaging them no response - apparently they were switching proctors mid-test and no one responds for over 4 minutes I again try speaking assuming they can me - I keep asking for a pause or a supervisor - I finally get a response from new proctor and she tells me to minimize the window and continue test I ask for time back she never responds, when my test ends I'm supposed to rip up paper - I again ask for a supervisor and I'm clicked out of test. When I called the LSAC they were sorry etc. and said I need to can my score and take July test - not on my schedule but I feel without getting my time back not much wiggle room for me. I called the LSAC again to ask about pausing test and the person on the phone tells there is no allowing test pausing. How can they have such uniformed people on board, I try and argue and she basically indicates that I'm trying to push for something that's not allowed.
    So, to be on safe side anticipate some starting issues and have a relaxation plan - if a window pops up minimize and move on.
    So, any suggestions about whom and how to contact regarding rule about pausing test or not - it's very difficult and super frustrating to deal with mid-test?

• 124 karma

@canihazJD said:
    Does anyone who had the pets/apartments LG set remember what the linear sequencing game subject was?

apartments - pets/no pets
    commercials - short/long
    interviews - Wa/Fm/Fa
    ????

Darn I can't recall either. Looks like we had the same test. The hardest one for me was the pet/no pets.

112 karma

@mreece866 - They gave me a voucher for the august test after I canceled my flex test

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    edited December 2020 350 karma

deleted

3481 karma

@legallyconfused I'm pretty sure they have been resolving tech issues by cancelling the previous test and giving you a free re-take! It's probably better that you contacted them directly about it instead of cancelling it yourself. If you cancelled it yourself I imagine that you'd have to pay for your own re-take (just my speculation though).

However, the score cancellation deadline is today (6/20). If you click "LSAT registrations" on your LSAC profile there is a "score cancellation" link

deleted

3481 karma

@legallyconfused Ooh yes it sounds like they took the option away from you because I can see it. I imagine that they don't want you to cancel if they are investigating.

deleted

3481 karma

@legallyconfused You could always email them today that you want to cancel and explain that it’s not letting you! That way they have a record of you saying before the deadline that you intend to cancel

• Lana KaneLana Kane Alum Member
    176 karma

@noonawoon That’s what they did for me! I had huge problems with ProctorU on Sunday and I did my re-take Friday. Much better experience the 2nd time around. Now I just have to worry about them reporting the wrong score haha.

deleted

• ARMANC74ARMANC74 Member
    edited June 2020 210 karma

@"Lana Kane" Kane, how'd you get a retake on Friday? What did you write/ask for in your e-mail?

• 65 karma

So for all of you that have taken the Flex, has anyone done the in-person LSAT? If so, which format would you take if you had the choice? and why?

38 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @stavroula, What is Keka?

It's a file retriever application necessary to download the file for them to access your computer.

38 karma

@georgiannajd2b said:
    So for all of you that have taken the Flex, has anyone done the in-person LSAT? If so, which format would you take if you had the choice? and why?

I've taken both. I thought I would prefer the flex but honestly I preferred in person better. When there is a proctor staring at you the whole time, and 20 other kids taking the test, I felt much more focused. I didn't need to worry about whether someone would come in during my test in my room or whether something else would go wrong on my part during the Flex. I would recommend taking the in person exam

38 karma

@legallyconfused said:
    @"Lana Kane" woah what? They let you retake that soon!? Is that a real possibility? Because I don't want to wait until August...I feel like I'm going to lose it by then. Who should I email that about?

You can also still sign up for July test by phone and explain to them what happened

deleted

• 124 karma

@catlover said:
    Those of you who had LG last... I can't stop thinking about the first game, actually. I had a tough time with it, so much so that I kind of decided to cut and run to the other games, which I thought weren't easy but fine. Anyone else have a similar experience with that first game?

Are you talking about the apt/pets/no pets? If so I'm wondering have you found a practice problem similar to it?

• 124 karma

@standardizedcanbelearned said:
    Ah I can't even explain the emotion I have right now from completing the real thing! First of all I just want all of us to be communally celebrating regardless of any difficulties that came up. We completed the real test!

RC was freaking rough, man. I am having so many doubts regarding it that are making me almost want to cancel (I'm too hard-headed to actually do that though, LOL). LR and LG went great which is even more infuriating (why can't I perform well on ALL 3 sections?!?!). its just the RC that left me with genuine puzzlement until the last passage. Would love some encouragement even if it's feigned, good luck everyone and remember you're not alone in the painful 2 week wait for score releases!!

Well let us know your score and how it stacks up with your experience. Best of luck!

• savannahsavannah Alum Member
    42 karma

171! Thanks JY!

3481 karma

179 thank you JY and thank you this community!!!