Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Penalties for Withdrawals? (REALLY need some advice)

Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
in General 541 karma

Hi everyone,

So I am determined to apply this upcoming cycle and have registered for the August test. However, I want to leave room for a second attempt so I am considering signing up for the October test as well.

My plan would be to see how my score is from August -I believe I would get the result in late September- and then I would withdraw from the October test depending on whether or not I am satisfied with my score.

I honestly don't care so much about losing money for the late withdrawal at this point; I just want the added peace of mind that comes with knowing I have a possible second attempt.

I am just wondering whether or not a late withdrawal will be reflected on my application negatively, if it appears there at all.

Would anyone be aware of these details?

I would appreciate any help and advice very much!

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

There's no penalty or notice to law schools unless you miss the withdrawal deadline.

• dhaley22dhaley22 Member
    118 karma

I am actually thinking about doing this with the August test. I'm currently registered for the July Flex exam and want another chance to test before applying in the fall if I need it. If I'm satisfied with my July scores, I'll just withdraw and lose the registration money. If I'm not satisfied, I'll have another month or so to try to improve more.

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

@lsatplaylist Thank you!

@dhaley22 Apparently we have nothing to lose but our money! I really think having knowing that we've got that extra shot could take some of the nerves off. We just need to make sure we still treat the prior test day with respect and not ease up just because we know we have a second crack.

It's a sticky situation but I'm leaning towards just booking the second test.

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

Yeah I'm taking the June test on Monday and figured that I could register for the August/October exams when I get my results back at the end of June if need be. I will get 2 and 3 extra months of studying respectively by doing this so I think it might be worthwhile.

• dhaley22dhaley22 Member
    118 karma

@"Hans Zimmer" did you make a decision yet regarding registering for a future test?

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

@dhaley22 I've decided I'm going to register for the October test as well!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@dhaley22 said:
    I am actually thinking about doing this with the August test. I'm currently registered for the July Flex exam and want another chance to test before applying in the fall if I need it. If I'm satisfied with my July scores, I'll just withdraw and lose the registration money. If I'm not satisfied, I'll have another month or so to try to improve more.

That sounds like a good idea and something I'm thinking about, too. Why is this test $200, especially when law school itself is a whole other investment. Lol.