Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How to prevent fatigue during LSAT?

zogu1298zogu1298 Member
in General 22 karma

I've noticed that I do much better on the first two sections and much poorly on the last two, regardless of the category. Any tips on how to stay focused?

Comments

• ebharrisonebharrison Member
    7 karma

Hi! I have issues with fatigue as well as paying attention haha. For reading comprehension, I've found that I need to notate a bit more than the average person to stay focused. I've also found that I'll page through the passages to find the one with the most questions and take that first (same thing goes for logic games). After reading a lot about test mentality, something I've gathered is the "puzzle" mentality. Approaching each question aggressively and as if it is a puzzle or scavenger hunt helps to maintain your focus. I hope this helps!<3

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

I would suggest:
    Stay interested in what you're reading. Be curious, and you'll be able to focus.
    Also practice with more timed sections without a break.
    And work out regularly.

• edited June 2020 410 karma

https://7sage.com/lesson/winning-the-psychological-battle/

I'm into this lesson about the LSAT and life in general. Meditation has improved my focus along with cutting out alcohol (for the past two months and counting). I exercise regularly. It's all stuff that doesn't seem to have a direct effect on the LSAT, but it's your brain and everything counts. Improved recall along with continually grinding out tests in a more focused way has helped.

With meditating, learning how to 'let everything go' seems to promote focus. Beyond that, I treat the LSAT like a puzzle game and think that lets me take on a 'puzzle solving' mentality that also helps. I know this all might sound a bit 'hocus-pocusy' so to speak, but I wanted to say what seems to be working for me.