Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 12 LSAT LSAT-Flex (US, Canada, and International)

Comments

• EddieMEddieM Alum Member
    279 karma

@7sage123 for the May 18/19 flex, we were originally supposed to sign up on April 23 but that got pushed to April 27. So I’d assume soon?

• Point_blank12Point_blank12 Alum Member
    57 karma

@7sage123 @hd977 The PowerScore guys on their latest podcast said LSAC said some time next week, but did not give a specific date

• hd977hd977 Alum Member
    70 karma

@kweaver said:
    @7sage123 @hd977 The PowerScore guys on their latest podcast said LSAC said some time next week, but did not give a specific date

Got it, thanks!!

• cinnamonrollscinnamonrolls Alum Member
    7 karma

So where are y’all taking your exams? At a desk? In your bedroom? I’m college I’ve been able to do all my Proctor U exams on my bed. Should I risk it now? I’m just wondering if I should rent a study space.

• pbrittnepbrittne Free Trial Member
    52 karma

Has anyone received an email or any communication from LSAC on when to register for time slots? Or is it just hearsay that it should be this week?

• DoingitfortheDingoDoingitfortheDingo Alum Member
    31 karma

Im with pbrittne, maybe I'm missing it, but I am signed up for the July Flex and havent seen any info on how to login into proctoru nor how to set up my date and time for the flex. #help

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    edited June 2020 40 karma

@pbrittne said:
    Has anyone received an email or any communication from LSAC on when to register for time slots? Or is it just hearsay that it should be this week?

I am registered for July LSAT Flex and still have not received any email regarding the test time-slots sign-ups but the LSAC rep told me that the test takers should be receiving an email soon. I am so nervous if I will miss that email :neutral:

Does anyone know if there will be variety of starting-time options?

• pbrittnepbrittne Free Trial Member
    52 karma

I wrote the May Flex and you can basically choose any time between 7am and 5ish pm (the slots are every ten minutes), so lot's of flexibility.

We chose our times like three weeks in advance though and there was a lot more communcation from LSAC in May. But oh well! As long as no one else has received an email I won't panic!

• 124 karma

@stephanieflores8094 said:
    Do you think law schools that I was waitlisted for would consider the July lsat?

Yes, contact them.

• maribelvilla447maribelvilla447 Alum Member
    edited June 2020 18 karma

Hi Everyone! I received an email from LSAC today stating that we will be able to sign up on June 26 @ 12 pm. Happy studying, and goodluck to you all!

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

Does anyone know how the writing sample will be arranged? Are we going to take it right after Flex or do we have options for when to take it?

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

@mellomel You can take it any time before you submit your LSAT scores in applications. I took the June flex and still haven't taken the writing.

• Full_SectionFull_Section Member
    7 karma

Do you think you will receive your June flex score without taking the writing portion of the exam?

3481 karma

@Full_Section Yes, the writing has nothing to do with the score.

• dhaley22dhaley22 Member
    118 karma

Does anyone know if we're going to receive an informational email about downloading ProctorU? Or is this just our responsibility to figure out?

3481 karma

@dhaley22 For the June we received step-by-step instructions the Tuesday before the exam. I can share the instructions here if it's helpful. Of course bear in mind that this process may change for the July test (unlikely, but possible).

Step-by-step instructions for test day

Make sure you have the username and password for both your ProctorU account and your LSAC account, and an acceptable form of government ID. You will need these to take the LSAT-Flex.

1) You will start by logging into your ProctorU account at your scheduled test time, using your ProctorU username and password, at https://go.proctoru.com.
    2) Once you have logged into your ProctorU account, you will click “Start Session.”
    3) You will be guided through (1) a system check, to make sure your computer meets the requirements to test, and (2) a verification of your identity, in which both your face and your government ID will be photographed.
    4) The system will guide you to download and install the ProctorU Logmeinrescue applet on your machine. If your computer has very restrictive settings for downloading/installing software, you may need to adjust them to allow this step to occur.
    5) Once you have completed these preliminary steps, the proctor will request that you click “Begin Exam,” which will launch the LSAC LawHub testing interface.
    6) You will need to log into the LSAC LawHub testing interface using your LSAC username and password.
    7) The proctor will ask you to read the test rules aloud and then indicate your agreement by checking an onscreen box.
    8) At this point, the proctor will enter a password indicating you have completed all the required steps, which will activate an LSAT-Flex start button on your screen.
    9) When you click the onscreen start button, your LSAT-Flex will begin.

ProctorU has created several general videos that illustrate the startup process for any test for which they provide remote proctoring services. These videos are not specific to the LSAT-Flex, but they may be useful to you in familiarizing yourself about the startup process:

Should you encounter any problems during this startup process, you can click ProctorU’s “Blue Owl” button to request help or ask your proctor to assist you.

• clawhopefulclawhopeful Core Member
    26 karma

@noonawoon thank you for this! Just to double check, even after the proctor enters the password and the start button pops up on the screen, the 35 minutes don’t start counting down until you actually press it?

118 karma

@noonawoon thanks so much for all the info! But in terms of actually downloading ProctorU and creating an account: when do we need to do this by and are there instructions?

3481 karma

@clawhopeful No I don't think so? I honestly don't remember specifically, but I wasn't stressed about the start time.

@dhaley22 I think they send a separate email about making a ProctorU account? For the June test they sent this a month in advance (May 13).

118 karma

Did anyone for the July 12th Flex get an email about making a ProctorU account? I just checked and I never did.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    edited June 2020 795 karma

The only communications I've received regarding the July LSAT are about signing up for my time slot tomorrow at noon EST. Nothing about ProctorU.

• tangerinestangerines Member
    30 karma

Can someone please help me understand what the e-mail for sign-ups tomorrow said? I have checked my email multiple times and do not have it in my inbox - getting worried I'll miss the sign-ups

• zogu1298zogu1298 Member
    22 karma

@t.singh.
    Email from LSAC regarding sign up for time (I received it yesterday)

You are registered for the online July LSAT-Flex, which will be administered during the week of Sat, July 11 through Friday, July 17.

Thanks to online testing, we can offer a range of start times for the LSAT Flex. Test takers will be able to choose the time that works best for their schedules from the available options on one or more days, which are determined by the remote proctoring requirements. If you prefer to test at a certain time of day, we recommend you try to sign up as early as possible, as slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.

Sign up will begin at 12 p.m. EST, Friday June 26th. You will receive an email at that time with detailed instructions to guide you through the scheduling process.

[also some info about checking out the LSAC website and prep tests... not relevant to sign up]

Basically, we sign up tomorrow at noon eastern time. Since you didn't get this email I would assume that you might not get the sign up email either--I'd contact LSAC first thing tomorrow morning to be safe, especially if you want a certain time/day. Hope this helps :)

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    40 karma

@zogu1298 said:
    @t.singh.
    Email from LSAC regarding sign up for time (I received it yesterday)

You are registered for the online July LSAT-Flex, which will be administered during the week of Sat, July 11 through Friday, July 17.

Thanks to online testing, we can offer a range of start times for the LSAT Flex. Test takers will be able to choose the time that works best for their schedules from the available options on one or more days, which are determined by the remote proctoring requirements. If you prefer to test at a certain time of day, we recommend you try to sign up as early as possible, as slots are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis.

Sign up will begin at 12 p.m. EST, Friday June 26th. You will receive an email at that time with detailed instructions to guide you through the scheduling process.

[also some info about checking out the LSAC website and prep tests... not relevant to sign up]

Basically, we sign up tomorrow at noon eastern time. Since you didn't get this email I would assume that you might not get the sign up email either--I'd contact LSAC first thing tomorrow morning to be safe, especially if you want a certain time/day. Hope this helps :)

Thanks so much for sharing! I am going to be taking JULY LSAT FLEX outside of the U.S. and am wondering if the sign-up date and time will be same as you guys.. hmm

• 7sage1237sage123 Member
    130 karma

PSA: You can sign up now for July FLEX. If you go to ProctorU's website and click sign in, you can enter your email and choose "forgot my password" and it will send you a new password. I just did this and was able to log in and confirm a time.

• ElichunksElichunks Member
    69 karma

@Bibimbob Wondering about the same thing here.... I'm hoping to get an email at 1AM (12PM EDT). Could it be that LSAC let domestic test takers sign up at an earlier time in order to avoid too many people trying to sign-up simultaneously?

• hopjeteahopjetea Free Trial Member
    edited June 2020 53 karma

Thank you so much for this info @7sage123 - it's nice to also FINALLY be able to test out equipment with login info. Whew, less stress today now, waiting and worrying :smiley:

• yuseeyouyuseeyou Member
    22 karma

I just scheduled my test time on ProctorU. And you could only choose from July 11th to 14th. We cannot choose other dates already.... Please log in to ProctorU to pick a date now!!!

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

After you're registered, if you realize you're not ready yet, what is the procedure for withdrawing the Proctoru time and informing the LSAC so you don't get an absent mark?

795 karma

@7sage123 said:
    PSA: You can sign up now for July FLEX. If you go to ProctorU's website and click sign in, you can enter your email and choose "forgot my password" and it will send you a new password. I just did this and was able to log in and confirm a time.

Do you need to have a ProctorU account for this?

edited June 2020 3481 karma

@lsatplaylist I think you have to call/email LSAC and ask for a coupon and your exam cancelled. Someone on here said that the deadline to do this is July 6. But I remember with June and May Dave Killoran was saying that people were allowed to withdraw the weekend before the Monday exam.

Actually - the email they sent out said you can cancel your registration and move to August by contacting LSAC no later than July 3.

795 karma

I'm trying to log into my ProctorU account with the credentials LSAC sent me in my email but it's saying "incorrect username/password".. of course. What should I do??

118 karma

@kilgoretrout Mine is saying the same thing!

• FHChick99FHChick99 Alum Member
    185 karma

Mine too!!

• ejleveque1ejleveque1 Member
    7 karma

Same

• PilotPetePilotPete Alum Member
    37 karma

Does anyone else keep getting a thing that says 405 not allowed? I'm already panicking and it's not even test day. Cool.

• lawtina-1lawtina-1 Alum Member
    39 karma

SAME!!

118 karma

@PilotPete mine keeps saying that, and then also says that the username/password is incorrect. I HATE THIS!

• Aviva123Aviva123 Alum Member
    25 karma

SAME

• ElichunksElichunks Member
    69 karma

I think international test takers are scheduled for the 17th and the 18th?

118 karma

Does anyone know what we should do? Does someone need to call the LSAC?

795 karma

@PilotPete said:
    Does anyone else keep getting a thing that says 405 not allowed? I'm already panicking and it's not even test day. Cool.

Omg I'm getting that too. I reset my password and now it's not even taking me to the login page because it just says "405." I'm panicking.

• Jonah d oJonah d o Member
    20 karma

Same here, & both LSAC account services and technical support lines are busy or not working of course

edited June 2020 795 karma

Do we call ProctorU?

• NinoSaniNinoSani Alum Member
    edited June 2020 100 karma

Proctor U keeps giving me 405 error I don't know what to do :(

• figdin97figdin97 Core Member
    8 karma

I'm having the same issue. I tried calling and the line is too busy.

• Aviva123Aviva123 Alum Member
    25 karma

When you get the 405 error, keep refreshing the page and eventually it will let you in!

118 karma

Does anyone's now say "you have one more attempt until your account is locked"???

• jackmmmmjackmmmm Yearly Member
    103 karma

For those who are getting the error that their "user or pass is incorrect", I edited my user by adding the rest of my email, @gmail.com to the end, and it let me in

• figdin97figdin97 Core Member
    8 karma

Are we supposed to sign in or sign up on ProctorU?