Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Practice test scores dropping

sabrina333sabrina333 Member
hey everyone ,

I've been studying for the lsat for a while and plan on taking the test in June but I've been stuck in the late 140s -early 150s... I'd really love some advice on how to jump up into atleast the 160s ... I'm also wondering if this would be possible to even do with little over a month left until test day?

Comments

• emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Anything is possible! How many hours are you studying per week? What is the avg. of the last 3 PTs that you've taken? What is your raw score and your BR score? What areas do you need to focus on? Are you getting most of the questions in LG correct? Remember there's no need to rush for an exam that you do not feel ready for yet. Oct. will be here before you know it and you could take the LSAT then. How much improvement do you see for the next month on your end?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    More like 6.5 weeks to be exact ;)
    I would drill the heck out of the Cambridge LR/LG/RC packets while finishing the 7Sage curriculum. I wouldn't bother with doing any more full PT's for the next couple weeks. With not a lot of time left, I'd also think about postponing till October which would give you the entire summer.

Feel free to ask me general questions! Have been studying for well over 9 months, postponed and taken the real deal once, and studying for a June retake.
  • sabrina333sabrina333 Member
    60 karma
    I'm studying 6+ hours for the past few weeks and I do games everyday atleast 4-6 of them. My score on RC was probably my stongest but recently that has been dropping because I started focusing on LG alot more... I'm not sure if I started testing too soon because I still haven't finished some of the coursework and maybe that would make a difference once I've completed that part?
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    How's your LR progress/breakdown? It's worth two sections and 50% of your score.
    3462 karma
    You should def. postpone to Oct. Drill and BR every single question. That will only make you better at the LSAT. There's no need to rush to take the LSAT if you're not going to get the score you want. Instead it's better to continue studying for it then having to sit for it again. By then you might even lack motivation... You should try to focus on LR/LG/RC at least every week. Do not stop working on one section to improve another one because later it will hurt you.
    60 karma
    On the test I also don't have time for the last few questions and Ive only improved 2-3 points on one section of LR... I think I have the biggest trouble on sufficient/ necessary / and Most strongly support ... I do well on the on the sufficient and neccesary when I do the Cambrigde packets but on the test I don't ... if anyone can suggest an ideal way to study all 3 simultaneously that would be great
  • DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    How's your BR score?
    3462 karma
    How about you try mixing those questions together and seeing how you perform once you're not working on 10 NA questions back to back? Maybe include 4 NA questions, 4 MSS questions and 4 SA questions and mix them up so that you not have two of the same question type in a row.
  • deleted accountdeleted account Free Trial Member
    393 karma
    @sabrina333:

I signed up for the February test in late-December (like the 29th or so) with almost exactly 6 weeks left to take it. I had never looked at a single LSAT problem before. When I took the test in February my score had climbed by 14 points over my first PT.

So I would say, absolutely! Your score can definitely climb substantially!
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @sabrina333 i assume you mean 6+ hours per day?
    edited April 2015 60 karma
    @nicole.hopkins ya a day lol… but i think I got too focused on games and wasn't doing everything I should have for LR and RC.. So I went back to the lessons trying to focus more on that and then adding in games after… And also a question for everyone how many passages for RC should be done?..I do 4 passages in 35 min but idk if i should do 8 passages instead a day?
    edited April 2015 60 karma
    a day?
  • visualcreedvisualcreed Member Inactive ⭐
    326 karma
    I'm no expert or anything but I definitely think you can get into the 160s in a month. I look at my PT scores and see where I can pick up points, for a 160 you'll probably want to get 75-80 points so -25 at worst. I'm not sure where you're at but I'd try to figure out where your mistakes are or if you're just all over the place. It might be best to just start from scratch and build fundamentals or focus on a section while maintaining others.