Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"Advice for doing well in law school (at a T2)"

emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
edited June 2015 in General 3462 karma
I wanted to share this post with those that will be starting law school in the fall and also for those in the future.... A lot of good advice on this post. Also, thanks to @"Nilesh S" for sharing with me.

*You might want to bookmark this on your computer lol

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=77628

Comments

• nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @"Nilesh S" is the man, as usual. Bookmarked and saved for those times when I need to remind myself that there's another goal to come even after the LSAT!
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    @nicole.hopkins lol of course! Just remember that LSAT prep is only the beginning. *sigh*
  • VegMeg55VegMeg55 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    587 karma
    @emli1000 Uggggg. As soon as we think the LSAT is done… BAM. Law School. Same brain destruction. Same needless frustration. I'm going to go curl into the fetal position and contemplate my life for a couple of hours whilst uncontrollably sobbing.
    587 karma
    Also, I forgot to mention thank you! This post is great!
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    So does this mean we are all going to be gunners in law school? Because that's the vibe I get from the TLS post. lolol.
    7965 karma
    I have decided to limit myself to sitting in the second row (as opposed to the first row, which was my custom as an undergrad) because of various anti-Gunner propaganda ...
    587 karma
    Oh man. I was always a first row kind of person but not so much a gunner… Does anyone know of any Law School prep books entitled "Not Being an Asshole 101?" That would be SO helpful.
  • AlejandroAlejandro Member Inactive ⭐
    2424 karma
    @nicole.hopkins weather you sit on the second or last row, I think you have pretty good gunner material! ;p
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    @amanda_kw I would be a gunner too if I were going to a T2. Since a lot of desirable jobs (biglaw and fed clerkships) are primarily given to the T14 schools, you would have to gun so you won't be unemployed. :P
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Lol it's also the source. I swear TLS only breeds gunners
  • ddakjikingddakjiking Inactive ⭐
    2116 karma
    I am a megapoaster on TLS. I guess I was meant to be a gunner. :P
    7965 karma
    Haha ... I don't think being intense and "activated" is bad. I think kindness and consideration for others (or a lack thereof) might be what makes or un-makes a gunner ...
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited April 2015 6866 karma
    Whoops, completely misinterpreted the "T2". Ignore me.
  • Marie4lawschoolMarie4lawschool Alum Member
    edited April 2015 359 karma
    @emli1000 @"Nilesh S" Thanks for this great article. Much of the study approach content is exactly in line with what Larry (forcefully!) recommends in 7Sage's Law School Prep course.

As a 0L I am already practicing saying no for when I'm approached to join clubs, etc. On yesterday's Earth Day Google doodle quiz I came out as a giant squid and that's me - tentacles into everything. I must resist and stay focused on the goal of best possible 1L GPA!
    7965 karma
    @"Jonathan Wang" you were thinking:

3462 karma
    @VegMeg55 unfortunately it never ends! lol
    3462 karma
    I just want to be successful!!
  • amanda_kwamanda_kw Alum Member
    383 karma
    @ddakjiking yeah, I was joking. and unfortunately, whether we want to be or not, I honestly think we are all destined for gunner status. I mean, how dedicated are we already to not even law school yet?

I don't think we could even comprehend non-gunner status. but I like @nicole.hopkins idea. Sit in the second row - and then maybe it won't be as noticeable. lolol.