Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July 12 LSAT LSAT-Flex (US, Canada, and International)

Comments

• PilotPetePilotPete Alum Member
    edited June 2020 37 karma

@kilgoretrout @ejleveque1 @FHChick99 @dhaley22

Use your LSAC email! The username they provided doesn't work!

• SchoensimonjSchoensimonj Member
    15 karma

I just used my email as my username and it worked

• ejleveque1ejleveque1 Member
    7 karma

I used my email that LSAC has instead, and that let me in.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

I'm in now and can see the times but it's just not letting me select anything...

• ARMANC74ARMANC74 Member
    210 karma

Signed up for the 14th, nice and easy

• zogu1298zogu1298 Member
    22 karma

I'm still locked out! I either get incorrect password or the 405 error... this is so frustrating

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

@noonawoon, Thanks. I saw July 3rd listed as well. I was surprised because I thought we had until the day before to cancel the registration. Have you heard anything about this?

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

You might have to refresh the page over and over again until it finally loads. I've been working at it for 20 minutes but was eventually able to register for a time.

• lawtina-1lawtina-1 Alum Member
    39 karma

The email on your LSAC account works as the username!! So frustrating that the PROVIDED USERNAME leads to error.... Also keep refreshing the 405 page.

• lincoln_1997lincoln_1997 Alum Member
    66 karma

Use your email account instead of the username they sent. that let me login. what a mess

795 karma

@figdin97 said:
    Are we supposed to sign in or sign up on ProctorU?

If you follow the link in LSAC's email to you it will take you to ProctorU. That's where you schedule the test

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

anyone noticed that one the email it was stated by "EST"time, while in Proctor U it was stated in "CST" time? Yet the time period for both was the same for me (4pm to 5 am, in the email it was stated as EST but in Proctor U it was 4-5 CST)

• NinoSaniNinoSani Alum Member
    100 karma

Okay, registered, I'm writing in int't time zone, I only had only July 16, 17 and 18 available, found a time in July and selected it, I tested the equipement and the camera was ok (my built in one) but I read on here that you need a seperate camara?

795 karma

I just scheduled my test. I kept refreshing the "Error 405" page until it worked and when I got to the scheduling page, I switched to Chrome because it said my browser (Safari) was not supported and I was still having some issues signing up. After switching to Chrome it let me pick my time.

• ian.pjohnsonian.pjohnson Member
    3 karma

Was able to sign in with my email, not with the log-in in the email from LSAC. Stressful lmao

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

@Aviva123 said:
    When you get the 405 error, keep refreshing the page and eventually it will let you in!

Thank you!!! Finally managed to schedule for 6am...

• r_millzzr_millzz Alum Member
    28 karma

USE YOUR EMAIL REGISTERED WITH LSAC TO SIGN IN!!!! my username wasnt working but then I tried my email and I was able to login

• hd977hd977 Alum Member
    70 karma

@andywsoccer said:
    anyone noticed that one the email it was stated by "EST"time, while in Proctor U it was stated in "CST" time? Yet the time period for both was the same for me (4pm to 5 am, in the email it was stated as EST but in Proctor U it was 4-5 CST)

I think it is based on which time zone you've chosen. I was confused by this too as I thought CST refers to central time. But then I recalled having chosen Asia/HK time zone (in this case, CST may be referring to Chinese Standard Time!)

• rkim5297rkim5297 Alum Member
    105 karma

@NinoSani said:
    Okay, registered, I'm writing in int't time zone, I only had only July 16, 17 and 18 available, found a time in July and selected it, I tested the equipement and the camera was ok (my built in one) but I read on here that you need a seperate camara?

really?? where does it say that? All I see is that min is 640×480 resolution and recommended is 1280×720 resolution.

• 60 karma

So with the ProctorU user name problem, go and reset password first thing. The default account thing that we apparently have are not accessible, and you'd need to click forgot password to get through.

As with the 405 error, I had that, kept refreshing, and eventually I restarted computer and picked different browser, and that fixed it apparently.

With international timings, its 16-18th for Australia, so I guess Ill have a rough few days stressing out about the exam whilst everyone else is done.

• zogu1298zogu1298 Member
    22 karma

For anyone still trying, I finally got on by using the email that i received the email on (NOT my username they gave me) You also cannot use Safari. They're out of a lot of the time slots now which is super frustrating and seems unfair given that none of us did anything wrong.

5249 karma

So the email says July 3rd, but the website says 11:59 pm EST the night before the test. I have reached out to find out which date is the final deadline to cancel registration.

• andywsoccerandywsoccer Member
    83 karma

@hd977 said:

@andywsoccer said:

I think it is based on which time zone you've chosen. I was confused by this too as I thought CST refers to central time. But then I recalled having chosen Asia/HK time zone (in this case, CST may be referring to Chinese Standard Time!)

OMG almost missed this FLEX thank you soooo mucchhhhhhh. UGH I hate how they didnt clerify whether its Central time or Chinese time

• Kwam_LoveKwam_Love Member
    29 karma

It gave me the same error message and then I put my email instead with the temp password and it worked.

• liujianichnliujianichn Free Trial Member
    11 karma

Does anyone know whether it is okay to reschedule?

5249 karma

@liujianichn, Yes, but you have to contact the LSAC and Proctoru.

• parso341parso341 Member
    93 karma

I'm currently registered for July 12 - I couldn't get a morning time for July 13 even though it was only 15 minutes after it opened :(

• dhaley22dhaley22 Member
    118 karma

@parso341 I don't think they're offering July 13th! The email said the 11th, 12th, and 14th.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

@lsatplaylist They could have different deadlines for when you can cancel to get a coupon and when you can cancel (last minute) but just lose the money you spent? Definitely let us know what LSAC says!

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Has anyone run the test to make sure their computer's technical requirements are being met? I was instructed to download an updated ProctorU extension for Chrome that looks incredibly invasive. I assume this so they can control things from their end during the test?

• hopjeteahopjetea Free Trial Member
    53 karma

@OldLadyK I did and as soon as I'm done with the test I'm totally uninstalling that plugin (and chrome). I usually use Firefox, and I had to buy a new laptop for the test, so I installed the plugin first for FF and then decided to install Chrome and its PU plugin. I read ALOT of horror stories from the May and June tests that had FF in common, so I'm planning to use Chrome for the actual test. Funny thing: I ran the system check on FF and it FAILED. But, then I realized that I'd be using Chrome and logged in and ran it on Chrome and it PASSED. Makes me glad my computer is new and has nothing on it.

5249 karma

@noonawoon, That makes sense. And it would explain July 3rd's deadline to switch to August, v. the night before one's test just to cancel the registration. And you're right if a coupon was used it would be good to get one's money back or get a credit. My coupon was already used up so that one doesn't apply to me, but I would definitely want a person with a coupon option to not lose it.

• liujianichnliujianichn Free Trial Member
    11 karma

@lsatplaylist said:
    @liujianichn, Yes, but you have to contact the LSAC and Proctoru.

Thank you!

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    edited June 2020 40 karma

I got an email regarding lsat flex scheduling instructions at 12PM Korean time (like about 4 hours before from now) and when I tried to log in and to sign up about three hours later when the email was sent, all the time slots were taken except for options starting 12:10AM to 1:00AM These are the same options I saw when I logged in ProctorU after seeing people's comments about scheduling for testakers in the U.S. Does any of you guys think there could have been some problem with my ProctorU account or something or do you guys think I was just too late to sign up for it???

• ElichunksElichunks Member
    69 karma

@Bibimbob So I signed up last night around 1AM and I was able to sign up for the 6PM slot. I read in another online forum that the slots ran out pretty quickly though.

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    40 karma

@Elichunks said:
    @Bibimbob So I signed up last night around 1AM and I was able to sign up for the 6PM slot. I read in another online forum that the slots ran out pretty quickly though.

Thanks for letting me know! I think there was a problem with my account so ProctorU are trying to find me a better time-slot to take the test!

266 karma

@Bibimbob Good luck! Let us know how it goes for you! I'm also KST and was only given the option of time slots between 6PM and 6AM regardless of how quickly I was able to reserve a time. Ended up with 6AM which I honestly don't mind, but I'm disappointed they didn't take international time zones into account when assigning when a person could schedule...

• ElichunksElichunks Member
    69 karma

@"christina.parchem" can't agree more. I was honestly surprised at the time window they offered us.

• CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member
    262 karma

@7sage123 said:
    I signed up for the July Flex after they announced that it was Flex, but the registration still required me to put in a testing center. Am I automatically registered for Flex or do I need to opt in? I haven't received any communications from LSAC.

So did you find out if there is anything further that should be done? I am in the same boat but for August.

• sarahisksarahisk Member
    272 karma

sorry if this is a bad question but does anyone know how many sheets of scratch paper we're allowed to use?

5249 karma

5 blank sheets of paper

• carpediemcarpediem Member
    39 karma

Does anyone know if we are allowed to use dual monitors? I was going to take the test on my small laptop but it's harder to read and navigate than I expected.

• pkleehl95pkleehl95 Core Member
    66 karma

Anyone know if the scratch paper needs to be blank or can it be ruled/lined?

• mellomelmellomel Alum Member
    292 karma

@carpediem Pretty sure I read in the FAQ that it is not allowed. But I would check to make sure.

• 13053372111305337211 Core Member
    28 karma

hey anyone know if we're allowed to use a pen/mechanic pencil? Is a separate web cam necessary? Do i need to do any prep work for my room? Thanks!

• mabrymjrmabrymjr Free Trial Member
    19 karma

Wireless Mouse

Has anyone used or been told they could not use a wireless mouse (or a regular plug in mouse for that matter)? Thanks for the help.

• 414 karma

@1305337211 pen/mechanic pencil is not allowed. If your laptop/computer already has a built-in camera that should work without needing a separate webcam. Check your gear through ProctorU beforehand!

266 karma

How early should we log on to proctor u? 10 minutes? 20 minutes? 6 hours just to be safe?

And it's just the desk that needs to be clear, right? Anything like bookshelves in the background shouldn't be an issue, right?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I have the same question about a plug in mouse? My Mac wasn't easy to scroll in practicing in Lawhub.

• sickomodesickomode Member
    142 karma

@mabrymjr said:
    Wireless Mouse

Has anyone used or been told they could not use a wireless mouse (or a regular plug in mouse for that matter)? Thanks for the help.

I used a bluetooth mouse and it was fine. I'd imagine a plug in will be fine too - since you're allowed to use a desktop computer a mouse of any kind should be permitted