Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

the lsat sucks

rschwartz2022rschwartz2022 Member
in General 52 karma

I just got the same score as my diagnostic, been prepping for about a month. My scores seems to fluctuate widely and the logic games section kills me every time. I'm genuinely getting worse and worse at this

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

A month is not a long time in terms of LSAT prep. You will definitely see large improvements in logic games in no time if you start drilling games over and over until you can crank out inferences like it's second nature.

• 1058 karma

Don’t give up. It took me a year and one month to get from154 to 170.

• PlatinumPlatinum Member
    363 karma

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.
    -Winston Churchill

• isolde_of_irisolde_of_ir Core Member
    20 karma

I also felt I was getting worse at logic games before I got better! I'm better than when I started now, but definitely still not perfect. It's rough because when you're doing your diagnostic, you're acting in whatever way is most natural for your brain, which probably isn't the most accurate or efficient method in the big picture. As you learn better strategies, doing the games can actually take longer because you're acting in a way that isn't natural for you; you just have to push through that stage until your new skill set feels like second nature, which can take a ton of time!

• sk144404sk144404 Core Member
    237 karma

“Never give in -- never, never, never, never, in nothing great or small, large or petty...”

• Chuck Rhoades (Winston Churchill)
  • DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

I think you should give up and do something else if one month of studying for the LSAT makes you this depressed. Law school is gonna be much harder and longer than this. There are many other things out there that you can do with your life. Don't waste time on things that make you painful and you don't think it's worth the pain.

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

One month isn't much time.

• rschwartz2022rschwartz2022 Member
    52 karma

Haha - thanks guys. @Platinum and @sk144404 I appreciate the Churchill quotes! I definitely thought about the success is not final one before I even read this thread. @DINOSAUR I don't hate lsat prep at all, it definitely just knocked the wind out of me to see the same score as my diagnostic. I went to the veterans memorial in my hometown and it put things in perspective for me - it must've been a lot worse to lose manassas for the union than it is for me to score poorly on a practice test. Again, i appreciate the responses lol

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Yes, we can survive the study experience. We must.