Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Powerscore said June 2020 flex was from Feb 2011/2012. Should we practice with older LSATS?

youbbyunyoubbyun Alum Member
in General 1755 karma

Powerscore said June 2020 flex was from Feb 2011/2012. Should we practice with older LSATS from the 2011-2013? Or will we have a brand new test for the upcoming July flex? I feel like there are slight differences btw 2012 tests and 2019 more modern ones. Thoughts?

Comments

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

The May test was drawn at least in part from as October 2019, as well as from other recent tests. Aside from being familiar with the earlier games for the sake of adaptability, the later tests are still better. LSAC has demonstrated they can/will draw from anywhere, and issues are typically transitioning from earlier to later tests, not the other way around.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

What differences did you see from 2012 - 2019 PTs? I've done basically all of those PTs and didn't really feel like there were differences

I would just recommend drilling a wide variety of games (including very old strange misc ones) if you have the time

• sickomodesickomode Member
    edited July 2020 142 karma

I feel like the main difference between 2012 and 2019 is a small change in difficulty in LR questions in PTs 82-89. But this is a bit subjective and could be skewed because I was expecting a change based on others' feedback

I wouldn't worry too much or change which PTs you focus on just because June was an older form. If anything, in my opinion June felt quite similar to the most recent PTs

• anthonyparkanthonypark Live Member
    49 karma

What did they mean by this? As in some questions, verbatim, were repeated? I would assume this is in the LR section, if so.

• 410 karma

@anthonypark said:
    What did they mean by this? As in some questions, verbatim, were repeated? I would assume this is in the LR section, if so.

From my understanding, there are some tests that are undisclosed. Usually in February every year. Since test takers only get the scores, these tests can sometimes be re-administered. This is fairer than it sounds because for example, a test done in North America in 2015 might end up being done as an international test in 2019. Or in the case of the Flex, they may give you a section from one of these undisclosed tests but then combine it with a section from another undisclosed test to basically create a new test. This is doable because of equating and the data they get to gather from multiple takes of the test.

• 414 karma

@canihazJD said:
    The May test was drawn at least in part from as October 2019, as well as from other recent tests. Aside from being familiar with the earlier games for the sake of adaptability, the later tests are still better. LSAC has demonstrated they can/will draw from anywhere, and issues are typically transitioning from earlier to later tests, not the other way around.

Where did you read this??

• canihazJDcanihazJD Alum Member Sage
    8313 karma

@"caffeine powered human" said:

@canihazJD said:

Jon Denning told me this in response to this exact question. The source tests for the May Flex was a separate conversation.

• 414 karma

@canihazJD said:

@"caffeine powered human" said:

@canihazJD said:

Jon Denning told me this in response to this exact question. The source tests for the May Flex was a separate conversation.

Gotcha. I was on the hunt on the internet, but it doesn't seem like Powerscore officially released where the May test has come from. Thanks for sharing.