Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

July Flex and still not scoring what I want on PTs

mskayladelmskayladel Member
in General 18 karma

Hi, so I am scheduled to take the July FLEX on the 14th and am not comfortable with my scores as of now. I have been studying pretty seriously since around January and am averaging 168/169 on my recent PTs with my highest score being 171(although that was a few weeks ago.) I used the PowerScore Bibles and Khan academy for the most part and only came to 7sage around a week ago. Since using JY's explanations for LR I have improved a few of my LR problem areas, but as I'm still averaging -3/-4 per LR section I know I can target a few more question types with a reasonable expectation that I can improve those as well. LG is typically my best section and I tend to average -1/-2, however RC has seriously been tripping me up lately. Initially it was my strongest section but lately I have been missing anywhere from 4-6 questions in a given RC section. My goal is a 173 and I'm wondering if there is any way I can possibly get there in such little time, and if so would it be more prudent to continue drilling LR in hopes of getting that closer to -1/-0 or to spend the majority of the time I have left to target RC? Has anyone had any breakthroughs in RC in such a short time frame? I'm definitely beginning to trip out with the test date so close and not having reached my goal yet. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!!

Comments

• Rowe2020Rowe2020 Member
    225 karma

PM me if you want to join my discord group for July.

• DINOSAURDINOSAUR Member
    591 karma

Honestly I would withdraw if I'm not yet where I want to be. I really don't want to take it twice unless necessary.

• hopjeteahopjetea Free Trial Member
    53 karma

Spend time on LR/AR to get those as close to 0 as possible. I used the 'flex converter' tool and to get a 169, you can miss about 7. If you want a 173, try to get it where you ONLY miss RC questions. And good luck!! And hopefully any last sprint of PT'ing will also help you see improvements on RC for more confidence there.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

I'm in the same boat. I'm also signed up for August. My scores aren't terrible, just not where I want to be. I figure I'll just take July, maybe cancel if I feel it goes terribly wrong, and do better in August. If this is also your first time taking the LSAT then honestly it might be better to take it once, so that way if you retake it you already know what to expect. Keep in mind some schools may take your average LSAT score