Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fellow July Test-Takers: How are you approaching the final days leading up to the test?

jdwittwerjdwittwer Member
in General 28 karma

Just curious how others are approaching this final week or so. Are you taking more PT's? Just doing sections? Or are you taking your foot off the gas a little bit to ensure you are fresh for the real thing?

I'm curious because I was drilling PT's pretty intensely and I could feel myself getting burnt out. I've started doing a section or two a day and that is a little better, but I wonder if even that is too much. I just really don't want to be mentally exhausted for the test.

Thanks for your input and help!

Comments

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited July 2020 1116 karma

Hey! My usual routine is 3 tests a week, with review and sections on the days in-between, alongside foolproofing and looking over my wrong answer journal. I've been sticking to the same schedule this week, fearing that the risk of getting thrown off by changing my routine is greater than the risk of burn-out. However, I've lightened up a little on the non-PT stuff, giving myself more time in evenings to de-stress, and if you feel tired or stressed, definitely take time and don't do tests if you don't want to. At this point, I figure that our ability is mostly defined by what we did the past few months and not the next few days, so the most important thing is psychological (to feel ready, but not burned out).

• 410 karma

Mostly reviewing my old material. I did grind out one last new LG set but other than that I want to review what I got wrong, at least make sure I don't fall for what I've fallen for before. I read 1 RC passage a day and do the questions, and I review 4 games that used to give me trouble a day, and then every other day I'm reviewing some LR problems that I struggled with.

• grahamallamgrahamallam Member
    75 karma

I'm doing a couple of sections and a few 5-question LR problem sets per day. Just trying to do enough to stay "warm" but also fresh. I'm not doing another PT before the test because I can't risk a lower than expected PT score ruining my confidence.

• OldLadyKOldLadyK Alum Member
    396 karma

Same as @grahamallam. I'm not doing any full PTs...just individual sections to stay focused and nail down timing/skipping strategies.