Help ! Writing in August, PT score low!

asamoah3asamoah3 Alum Member
in General 28 karma

Hey , so I finished the 7Sage course and took my first practice test on Sunday and scored 139 in real time and 152 in Blind Review. I’m writing the August LSAT and want to get in the mid to high 150’s but I’m not sure exactly what I need to do to effectively improve my score. Please help! Open to any advice.

Comments

• kindellreneekindellrenee Member
    20 karma

You need to take way more practice tests. I didn't start hitting above 160 until I took ~20 practice tests.

• edited July 2020 410 karma

Unfortunately there's no silver bullet to improve by 20~ scaled points in a month and a half. A score of 139 means you're getting more than half the questions wrong. Even if you foolproof LG and get 20 extra raw points (assuming you basically went -20) that still only drags you up to 151~ scaled.

If you can, I'd recommend taking the test in September or October instead and really take the time to foolproof your LG and review the aspects of the test that you really struggled most with.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

It’s completely fine to delay your test by a few months, or even by a year! Take all the time you need to get to your goal score, this time frame is different for everyone. Make sure you change the test date or withdrawal before the LSAC deadline or else you won’t get a refund.

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    652 karma

My recommendation: push your test date back to October and study as much as you can until then. Do not even consider registering for a second LSAT until you're consistently hitting your target score for a month.

• This_is_HardThis_is_Hard Alum Member
    815 karma

Sounds like you rushed through the CC, as a score that low indicates you did not fully learn or grasp the fundamentals of what was taught. Did you do the drills as well? I cannot see a score that low having gone through all the drills and carefully studying each subject in the CC. If I am correct, go back and go through each subject and do all of the drills. As others have said, delay August as well.

Will be hard to improve 15 to 20 points in 1 month. But I think if you really want to try it, I'd abandon the CC and just do PTs, Blind Review, and drill weaknesses. Hopefully you see some pattern and improve from each test. Downside to this method is you will burn PTs.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

After the CC i got a 153 or 154 on my test I think. You might need to take the CC slower. Especially for games. I think after the CC you should have a decent grasp of games, at least being able to do 3/4 of the games

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I would reccomend pushing back your test date and focus on learning the fundamentals. At that score range, you are wasting PT's to take them at this point as you need to focus on fundamentals. Go back to the CC. I would also reccomend joining a study group or finding a study budy. My score but just as importantly my understanding and confidence, drastically improved when I started studying with others.

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Echoing the others and something I forgot to add- drilling drilling drilling is essential before diving in and wasting all the PT’s. Good luck, you’ll get there with practice.