Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should rescheduling LSAT-FLEX due to technical problem be counted as "candidate cancel" ?

Asher WhiteAsher White Alum Member
edited July 2020 in July 2020 LSAT 18 karma

I experienced technical problems during my LSAT-Flex today. My proctor instructed me to quit the test and contact LSAC for rescheduling. I followed my proctor's instruction. The LSAC staff helped me reschedule to October (since there is no longer availability for July; I already registered for the August test). Everything was good except I later found the status of my July take had been marked as "Candidate Cancel". I called them again, and they explained to me that this was because I was exposed to the test questions and they had to mark it as "candidate cancel". Did any of you have similar situation? What did you get?

Comments

• Mister PopoMister Popo Alum Member
    38 karma

I had the same issue today - I asked them if it includes a note about why the candidate cancelled and LSAC said no and that I would need to include a note in my applications to law schools about why it was cancelled... which is so stupid.

• Asher WhiteAsher White Alum Member
    18 karma

@"Tina Belcher" said:
    I had the same issue today - I asked them if it includes a note about why the candidate cancelled and LSAC said no and that I would need to include a note in my applications to law schools about why it was cancelled... which is so stupid.

This is indeed stupid. Took for granted that "Reschedule" is equivilent to "Cancel"? I think they can write the story into an LR Flaw question...

• Mister PopoMister Popo Alum Member
    38 karma

So many flaws... honestly its very disappointing. I tested all of my equipment with a live proctor through their chat a few days prior and I still wound up having technical issues today. So today has resulted with is a long distance charge to Pennsylvania, "Candidate Cancel" on my record, and a re-scheduled LSAT :)