Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Just took the writing portion... help

in General 1058 karma

I just took the writing portion and as I started to take notes on the scenario given to me, I realized there was NO prompt to show the camera my scratch paper. I had already written a few words on on the paper but I stopped and I said to the camera something like “I think I was supposed to show you the paper. There was no prompt to do so but here it is even tho I just wrote on it.” And I showed it both sides and what I had written at that point. I probably lost about 30 seconds due to this and the panic that I felt.

One side of the paper was shown when I did my room/desk scan. But not the other side till after I took some notes.

Ugh. Did anyone else have this experience? Do you think they will disqualify me? This is a time sensitive issue and I’m not sure if it’s better to call them or just hope for the best and not make a big deal out of it.

Comments

• studyingandrestudyingstudyingandrestudying Core Member
    5254 karma

Maybe give them a call so this can hopefully get cleared up soon.

• 159orBust159orBust Core Member
    53 karma

I also had this happen to me. I realized when the test started that I was not prompted to show both sides of my paper. Luckily I realized this before I had wrote anything on my paper so both sides of my paper were blank. I just simply showed my paper as the test began. They accepted my writing reponse a week later. You should be fine as long as you followed the rest of the instructions and clearly displayed that you were in no way trying to cheat.