Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Clarification question on LSAT test date changes

Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
edited July 2020 in General 316 karma

I'm thinking of signing up for the August LSAT Flex, and I see on the website that the last day to switch an exam date (If I still don't feel ready) is August 22. Is there a fee for switching?

The LSAC website said this in the beginning: "All August LSAT registrants will be automatically registered to take the LSAT-Flex during the week of August 29 unless they choose to opt out and receive a coupon to use for any future LSAT until April 2021. " If I switch from August to October (for example) around the Aug 22 deadline, would I get that coupon? Or is that just for people who had registered for the August exam before LSAC announced anything about it?

TAA!

Comments

• amaka.okonmaamaka.okonma Member
    126 karma

Wondering the same thing.

• legal.eaglelegal.eagle Core Member
    87 karma

I think so!! I was scheduled to take the July LSAT and opted for the coupon and it is ready and waiting for me when I decide it's time to sign up for the October LSAT. You may have to just cancel/take the coupon earlier, and then wait a couple days until it is confirmed in your LSAC account and sign up for the exam of your choice then :) Maybe to be safe, do it a couple weeks prior to the deadline. Hope this helps, good luck!

• Jahn.SnowJahn.Snow Member
    316 karma

@"legal.eagle" said:
    I think so!! I was scheduled to take the July LSAT and opted for the coupon and it is ready and waiting for me when I decide it's time to sign up for the October LSAT. You may have to just cancel/take the coupon earlier, and then wait a couple days until it is confirmed in your LSAC account and sign up for the exam of your choice then :) Maybe to be safe, do it a couple weeks prior to the deadline. Hope this helps, good luck!

It does, thank so much!