Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What will replace the games?

shindavis16shindavis16 Core Member
in Logic Games 130 karma

Hi Guys,
I am coming back to 7Sage and law school prep after a almost 5 years away, so I am out of the practice studying as well as with the current news about the test. I apologize in advance if this topic has been discussed 8 billion times.

What is replacing the Logic games and when is this happening? Have there been any major changes to this or any other section since the ruling to take the games away permanently?

If anyone has any advice as to what I should focus on, or any areas that are not as helpful anymore, is much appreciated.

Comments

• J.A. BettigJ.A. Bettig Alum Member
    edited July 2020 105 karma

The logic games aren’t getting replaced with anything. With the new flex format, one of the LR sections and the experimental are getting removed, but the other sections are otherwise left intact. Who told you that the LSAC is removing LG?

• r.e.w1640r.e.w1640 Member
    59 karma

If you're talking about the settlement, I wouldn't expect that happens for quite a while

• SSBM1000SSBM1000 Member
    614 karma

@"J.A. Bettig" said:
    The logic games aren’t getting replaced with anything. With the new flex format, one of the LR sections and the experimental are getting removed, but the other sections are otherwise left intact. Who told you that the LSAC is removing LG?

LSAC lost a lawsuit, so now they have to replace the logic games section with an entirely new section. Here's a link to a news story covering this.

https://yaledailynews.com/blog/2019/10/14/lsat-removes-logic-games-section/

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

It won't be known for awhile and it's not going to happen for awhile.

• J. W. WhiteJ. W. White Yearly Member
    40 karma

I think we deserve an official post by admin on this topic.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I highly doubt anyone studying now needs to worry about this. It was speculated about a lot after the law suit but LSAC was given 4 years to implement changes. We have seen no indication so far that any changes are coming any time soon and I am sure when they start to seriously consider changes or a motivation there will be plenty of notice. People can check the history of the digital LSAT transition for example if they want to see how far in advance that was planned.