Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How accurate is the 7Sage Predictor?

For people that have applied and been accepted to law school, how accurate was the 7sage predictor in your admissions decisions? Or what are your chances if you were to apply this fall? I am curious how accurate the percentages are! Thank you :)

Comments

• 99thPercentileOrDieTryin99thPercentileOrDieTryin Free Trial Member
    edited July 2020 652 karma

I got into one school where the predictor gave me a 20% chance and another where it gave me 32%. I was waitlisted at a 25% and a 39%. I got in everywhere I applied that was over 50%.

I'd say it's a decent enough guideline but you never know if you don't apply. Shoot your shot!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Its probably fine as an estimator. You can also cross reference with MYLSN, law school numbers, and even LSAC's own website has a predictor.

But LSAC's website predictor doesnt have many of the schools, but still you can just use all of them, and kinda ballpark your chances somewhere

• EagerestBeaverEagerestBeaver Alum Member
    703 karma

If you are at or above both GPA and LSAT medians, it is more likely than not you will be accepted. If you are below both, it is more like than not you will not be accepted. The predictor then helps you gauge where you are at as a splitter. LSN or LawSchoolData can give you a better idea how you stack up.