I bombed the July - Flex Exam .. Do I retake in august or wait and retake in oct?

lilymdileolilymdileo Free Trial Member

I don't want to bomb the October one and have to wait until the spring to take again. Does LSAC frown upon people who take it more than twice?

Comments

• consistencyiskeyconsistencyiskey Core Member
    131 karma

Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend waiting until your consistently PTing within a few points of your target score. I'd recommend probably waiting until October, unless you can get in your target range by August.

Admissions committees vary in how they view multiple takes. If you take it 3-4 times, but you're in your school's median, I'd say that is okay. Over 5 may start raising some questions by the admissions committee.

Best of luck to you for when you get to your target range!

• lilymdileolilymdileo Free Trial Member
    82 karma

@consistencyiskey said:
    Sorry to hear that. I'd recommend waiting until your consistently PTing within a few points of your target score. I'd recommend probably waiting until October, unless you can get in your target range by August.

Admissions committees vary in how they view multiple takes. If you take it 3-4 times, but you're in your school's median, I'd say that is okay. Over 5 may start raising some questions by the admissions committee.

Best of luck to you for when you get to your target range!

Thank you! I think I'll be taking the october one. Do you know if it costs anything to switch?

• RondaBCANRondaBCAN Member
    70 karma

I am in the same boat...my proctor(s) were brutal. I was consistently averaging between 158-162 and ended up with a 148. I was COMPLETELY shocked this morning! Which seems very odd considering how much time I have put into studying. I didn't get all of my accommodations, and I lost some time, they disconnected during my third section, so I waited, they started the clock without me knowing, didn't give me my allotted breaks, etc. but still...how do we know what our raw score is?...or LSAC hasn't arbitrarily altered it? (I did have a pretty upsetting call with them) Is there anyway to find out how many correct questions we had in each section?

According to LSAC.org there is no fee to change as long as it is done by Aug 9, 2020 11:59 EDT.