Starting 7sage just for LG for August Flex - tips needed!

hellapomhellapom Member
in General 6 karma

Hi, I have been studying for the LSAT for over three months. I am scoring in the high 160s and aiming for the mid 170s, and only really struggling with logic games: on LR and RC I am -1 or -0. I purchased 7sage specifically to perfect my logic games, because I got a 167 on the July LSAT Flex and will now be retaking in August, and know that LG was where I messed up (ran out of time, had to guess). I have learned basics and strategy of each section by completing Khan Academy and the LSAT Trainer. So, I am overwhelmed by the amount of content on 7sage - some of which will definitely be a repeat for me - and the fact that the curriculum is geared for general study of the entire test. How should I begin to use the platform if I am just targeting improvement in LG? Do I begin with a prep test? With drilling? With the explanation videos? Basically, I am trying to make the most of my investment in a month's time, with a focus on perfecting LG. Any tips would be appreciated. Thank you.

Comments

• Confidence150Confidence150 Alum Member
    1417 karma

Just messaged some LG tips and asked a few questions on LR/RC! :)

• sebramirezsebramirez Member
    101 karma

I watched the explanation videos! And then did fool proofing and repetition. The games are all basically the same version of older ones. I was only able to do 3 games at the most and when I started doing what I said above, I finish all games and usually get -3.

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

7Sage has been great to redo questions I got stuck on. However - I love LSAT Wizard on Youtube. They did a free session for COVID-relief. Really intuitive setups and deductions that I haven't seen taught anywhere else.

• chanyoungleechanyounglee Member
    95 karma

Out of curiosity, what are your tips for scorign -1 or -0 on LR and RC?

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

First of all being at -0/-1 for RC and LR is awesome! If you solidify games you really could easily end up at a 170's score, even into the upper 170's. Based on this as well as the amount of time Iwould not reccomend going through the CC. You can watch the videos in the welcome section, and I would also reccomend watching the Blind review method videos. I found the formal logic videos helpful for games, you can watch some and see if they help you. Then, go into the Logic game portion of the CC. You can use the games that are in drills for practice and to start fool proofing. Once you have completed this I would reccomend working on fool proofing games in PT 1-35. Fool proofing does take awhile and you only have a month so don't stress if you can't do all of these games multiple times. Though you will find a lot of weird games in this section the idea is to teach you not to freeze, to improvise and also to continue to solidify basics so that you bank enough time to work on more difficult games or go back and re check answer choices.

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    edited August 2020 481 karma

I'm in the similar spot you are--doing well on LR and RC but went -6 on my last PT for LG.
    Something I've seen make a noticeable difference for me is just mentality and constant drilling. I would foolproof a lot of games, but it would always be ones I was excited to work on, because I knew I was good at them (sequencing and miscellaneous). I never wanted to foolproof in/out conditional games or the tougher grouping games because they were so mentally taxing and I wasn't good at them.

Recently I read Mamba Mentality by Kobe Bryant (rest in peace to a goat <3 ), and he wrote about how he hated the feeling of discomfort, and he would always work to turn his flaws into his greatest strengths. After adopting that same mindset, I've been improving in games (hopefully the results will show in my next PT). I think its important to do an honest reflection and ask yourself--Where do I feel the most uncomfortable? What are my weaknesses? And attack those ruthlessly first.

It really sucks and no one wants to do it because it's honestly exhausting. Who wants to work on what they are worst at? But deep down I know that while foolproofing games I'm already good at may help marginally, my end goal is to turn my flaws into my greatest strengths.

I guess this is just a longwinded message of saying--reflect and write down when you feel most uncomfortable during the games (what questions, what set-ups), use the question bank to find games that challenge you, and adopt the foolproof method for those.

Best of luck to the both of us in August! Feel free to PM me if you want a buddy to do logic games with.

P.S. I just reread your post and wanted to add--the foolproof method lesson is definitely the first one you should watch.