Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT Flex Curve?

dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
edited October 2020 in General 147 karma

test

Comments

• TimeIsMoneyTimeIsMoney Member
    495 karma

To me and several others i've talked to, the flex has brought lower scores than normal. It weights the reading heavier than normal and LR less. I guess this could hurt or help depending on who you are but overall, scores seem low. Probably why they added the cancellation feature to the August flex

• dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2020 147 karma

@TimeIsMoney said:
    To me and several others i've talked to, the flex has brought lower scores than normal. It weights the reading heavier than normal and LR less. I guess this could hurt or help depending on who you are but overall, scores seem low. Probably why they added the cancellation feature to the August flex

Did you take the flex?

• r.e.w1640r.e.w1640 Member
    59 karma

@TimeIsMoney what cancellation feature are you talking about?

495 karma

@dyingforpie123 said:

@TimeIsMoney said:

Did you take the flex?

Yes i took the july flex

495 karma

@"r.e.w1640" said:

August Flex takers can cancel their score after they have seen it. You pay like an extra $45 i think. Many believe it is because the flex scores are so low

• dyingforpie123dyingforpie123 Free Trial Member
    147 karma

@TimeIsMoney said:

@dyingforpie123 said:

@TimeIsMoney said:

Did you take the flex?

Yes i took the july flex

Ok and you scored lower on the flex than on your pts?

• Chris NguyenChris Nguyen Alum Member Administrator Sage 7Sage Tutor
    4572 karma

@TimeIsMoney said:

@"r.e.w1640" said:

August Flex takers can cancel their score after they have seen it. You pay like an extra $45 i think. Many believe it is because the flex scores are so low

I think this applies only to test takers who are taking an official LSAT for the first time. Please correct me if I'm wrong

495 karma

@Christopherr said:

@TimeIsMoney said:

@"r.e.w1640" said:

I think this applies only to test takers who are taking an official LSAT for the first time. Please correct me if I'm wrong

You might be correct on that. Not sure if it applies to first timers or not

495 karma

@dyingforpie123 said:

@TimeIsMoney said:

@dyingforpie123 said:

@TimeIsMoney said:

Did you take the flex?

Yes i took the july flex

Ok and you scored lower on the flex than on your pts?

Yes. I scored about 3 points below my average which is pretty disappointing. From what i've seen, this is the case for a lot of people.

• mrowley91mrowley91 Alum Member
    203 karma

It was the same for me too: I scored lower than I normally do, which I believe is because RC is my lowest score, and was weighted heavier than in my practice tests. I scored 4 points lower than my average. Also, the score preview is only for first time test takers.

• Lej Not LegLej Not Leg Member
    238 karma

No one knows. LSAC has been completely silent and opaque on how the Flex is scored, in true LSAC form. There are lower-score Flex anecdotes as well as higher-score Flex anecdotes. It sucks, but all scoring discussion is merely speculative.