Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I am very disappointed that I am unable to download the PDF files for lectures.

abovewater7abovewater7 Alum Member
edited April 2015 in General 66 karma
I have been a registered premium member of 7sage since Jan 2015. I raised the question if 7sage would remove all PDF files from the lectures (http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/comment/14447) in light of the policy change dated Apr 6, 2015 (you can search my username in the post). However, later on, due to work, I didn't get a chance to log into 7sage until today. Consequently, I missed to download all possible PDF files, posted on Apr 8, 2015, which are no longer available up to today when I just logged in and checked. I wasn't notify by 7sage at all that they had posted all PDFs that is available for downloading. The lectures without proper reference of the real & printable LSAT questions are useless, while the price for the preparation course remains as if the proper preparation materials are still being present.

I am pretty sure this would not be a problem for myself, and there are other users possibly experiencing the same. I was wondering if there are any other ways that could help solve the problem in an efficient way (other than purchase each of past LSAT tests for the questions that are referenced in the 7sage lectures).

Comments

• blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    Hi @abovewater7, while this is certainly an unfortunate series of events, 7sage gave ample notification to students saying that .pdfs would no longer be available. The thread in which JY made this announcement, as well as @jdawg113 's, were both stickied in the message board. IIRC, that thread and announcement were made the day LSAC made their announcement.

In addition, there was a fire sale ($5.97) on all .pdfs for every prep test a few days before the 21st, which is a quite the markdown from the $29.97 per prep test. Again, I apologize for your inconvenience but I do feel as though 7sage and its community gave ample warning. The onus was on us, the students, to take action once we received notification. The fact that 7sage made repeated announcements and had a fire sale were tokens of appreciation to its students that was by no means necessary.
  • abovewater7abovewater7 Alum Member
    edited April 2015 66 karma
    hello @blah170blah, thank you for the reply.. but I didn't receive any notification in my Emails from7sage. I didn't get a chance to login the dashboard since then.
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    While I won't argue an email shouldn't have gone out, one didn't and the time of PDF's have ended. It is definitely a shame and has impacted many people but there was a huge time frame of which notice was out there that PDF's were to be removed.

I just went and found your post which happened to be a few after J.Y's post which included
    @"J.Y. Ping" said:
    To be clear, all PDFs containing any LSAT questions - LSAT PrepTests and Problem Sets - will be removed. Any PDFs without LSAT questions will still be available.
    There are also multiple users who pointed out the probability of the answer to your question being yes is very high, and if you happened to have missed/misread J.Y's post, the user responses and the knowledge of the policy change should have been enough to warrant the downloading of PDF files you had access to.

Another question is even if an email did go out, seeing as you were not able to find time to log into 7sage until now, what would be different? with or without an email the PDF's would still be gone.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    agreeing with what Blah said now the only thing you could do is purchase Cambridge packets or buy the LSAT PT books on amazon. you'll have all the questions you need that way.
    @jdawg113, I wouldn't argue that I posted my concerns about the policy change regarding removing all PDFs, dated Apr 6, 2015. However, since there were PDFs everywhere in your lectures during that time, it would be a waste of time if I attempted to download the PDFs from ALL LECTURES at that time.

However, two days later on Apr 8, 2015, 7sage posted a separate PDF link, http://7sage.com/download-pdfs/ from the post http://7sage.com/discussion/#/discussion/2602/no-more-pdf-downloads-starting-now-april-21st. I was not informed for the post, and I didn't know that there was a single PDF link available for downloading. I had been extremely busy for my workplace in Apr, until today I got a chance to login 7sage.

I am pretty sure there would be other users who don't frequently check the dashboard may experience the same. They may not be aware of the policy change, if they didn't check back the dashboard before the date Apr 21, 2015. There was no Email sent as a Notification for this huge policy Change. No Email was sent for the PDF link prepared for downloading. I, as the paid premium user of 7Sage, was not properly informed.

What would be the solution for now?
  • jdawg113jdawg113 Alum Inactive ⭐
    2654 karma
    But the point is it was stated that everything that was a PDF and had a real last question would be removed and was posted where you should have seen it (again since you posted soon after said post) as for the link that had everything together, that was just Dillon being kind and making things convenient, it definitely wouldn't have been a waste of time as you would have the PDFs, it just would have taken a good amount of time. Again, if you didn't have the time then, an extra email notice wouldn't change that. As for what is there to do now? As previously posted, find the questions &pts from another source that sells hard copies (or site that still had their old licensing agreement active with PDFs)
    66 karma
    @jdawg113, if I was informed by Email for the link, I would check here back again for downloading for sure, since there would be a single download link to save time. However, 7sage didn't notify me, and others who do not frequently check back the dashboard.
  • inactiveinactive Alum Member
    edited April 2015 12637 karma
    We're disappointed that the PDFs had to be taken down too, believe me. Unfortunately if we had said "no" to LSAC, 7Sage would no longer exist. We had an announcement on every page until the date it was all removed. Sorry about that. I can't give out the PDFs since we don't have access to them anymore, but I added the latest PT's explanations (PT 74) to your account in an attempt to make up for the inconvenience.

@abovewater7 If you'd like, I can link you some of the paper copies of the PTs I found on Amazon.com. They range in-between $20-25 per 10 PTs.
  • mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
    123 karma
    @Dillon A. Wright do we need to get our own prep tesys for the problem sets in the core curriculum also? or is it the case only for the PT x?
    12637 karma
    @mc_meatt If the PDF you're looking for is licensed by LSAC, then you'll have to find it on Amazon/Google. :( That includes the problem sets, unfortunately.
    66 karma
    @"Dillon A. Wright", thank you for posting..but there is no link for PT under 'My account'. they look like:

PrepTest 36 (December 2001)
    PrepTest 37 (June 2002)
    PrepTest 38 (October 2002)
    etc..
    not able to click.
    12637 karma
    @abovewater7 Go here:
    http://7sage.com/progress/ (Course > Syllabus)

Scroll down until you see the PT you'd like to view. PT 74, for example:

To see the video explanation, click "PrepTest 74 - Video Explanations for All Questions":

Hope that helps!
    @"Dillon A. Wright" thanks a lot.
    12637 karma
    No problem!
  • TheNYguyTheNYguy Alum Member
    17 karma
    Dillon, any idea why LSAC made this policy change? It just seems so out of the blue. And how is Cambridge able to continue selling PDFs of questions?
  • rblackshearrblackshear Alum Member
    104 karma
    LSAC is in business to make money and Cambridge's license has not yet expired.
  • Jonathan WangJonathan Wang Yearly Sage
    edited April 2015 6866 karma
    @TheNYguy I can only speculate, but in all of my/our dealings with the LSAC, the conversation has revolved around protecting their intellectual property. I'm guessing they thought their previous safeguards weren't enough to prevent people from passing their test questions around, so they went to draconian lengths to attempt to fix that. Which, by the way, is totally their prerogative - it's their IP, and they're free to protect it as they see fit. BUT, it's just not going to work. It only takes one person to buy a paper copy of a test, scan it, and upload a PDF to the internet for all of their paranoia to be completely worthless.

My personal opinion is that they're running a fool's errand and will likely see a sharp drop in revenue because when legal PDFs are stripped from people, they probably won't go to books - they'll just find another way to acquire the PDFs. Not that I condone such behavior, but that's the way of the world.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    I've found some LSAT PTs on half.com for around $8+ the other day. You guys could check on there too if you need more PTs.
  • jaybee88jaybee88 Alum Member
    165 karma
    An email definitely should have gone out in regards to the PDF's being removed. I took a very long break from studying (too long) but I paid for the course as it was then and I would have downloaded all of them if I had known. Now I have to purchase the material again even though I already paid for it?! =( Unfair
    66 karma
    @jaybee88 i am feeling the same...
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Excellent customer service from the 7sage admins, as usual! *high 5*