Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

When to get letters of recommendation

I'm taking the October LSAT and will be applying when those scores come out, would now be too early to ask for letters of recommendation?

Comments

• lsatplaylistlsatplaylist Member
    5249 karma

Now is a great time. It's not too early and it gives them a long time to work on the letters.

• The JudgesThe Judges Free Trial Member
    364 karma

It doesnt really matter i got mine last year

• ahnendc-1ahnendc-1 Member
    642 karma

I'm in the same boat and have asked for mine now. Figures this gives them 2-3 months which is plenty of time and in case I need to follow up I can do that after having given them a reasonable amount of time already

• zogu1298zogu1298 Member
    22 karma

I asked for mine 2 weeks ago! This gives them plenty of time and also allows for some time before the school year starts, assuming you're asking professors.

• slippinjenny17slippinjenny17 Core Member
    7 karma

Now you've got me wondering if there is such a thing as too early...I was planning to get one of my instructors to write one this December but won't be applying right away. I am a graduate student and will graduate in the spring but might not go to law school next fall. Depends on my LSAT outcome. I understand a LOR that is a year or more old is probably not good but what if it is just 10-11 months old?