Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score Validity Review

khuang5khuang5 Alum Member

I took the July test and today saw that there was "Score validity review" under the special notes column for the July test on my LSAC page. Does anyone know what that means?

I contacted LSAC and am waiting for their reply. I would really appreciate if anyone could give me some idea in the meantime. Thank you!

Comments

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I haven't heard of this and couldn't find much online, just an old post from 2015 that mentioned it and there wasn't any update of what happened. Have you taken the test before? If so, any reason to think you may have had a big score change?

• jaeusafjaeusaf Member
    edited July 2020 36 karma

I also just checked my LSAC page, and i have the same thing in my notes section. I didn't have any issues during the test and my proctor didn't seem to have any issues either. The only thing i guess could lead to such an issue was that once i was done, the law hub page was stuck on a sending answers page and then it eventually displayed a failed to send answers page immediately followed by congratulations you're done page (i'm assuming my internet cut out momentarily). It also saved a 1KB file as well...
    I checked with the proctor afterwards and she said i was done, so im also curious as to why this has popped up

• khuang5khuang5 Alum Member
    66 karma

@FindingSage said:
    I haven't heard of this and couldn't find much online, just an old post from 2015 that mentioned it and there wasn't any update of what happened. Have you taken the test before? If so, any reason to think you may have had a big score change?

A big score jump would be the best scenario lol. Yes I took the test twice before and I think I did better in July. I'm just worried something else went wrong.

66 karma

@jaeusaf said:
    I also just checked my LSAC page, and i have the same thing in my notes section. I didn't have any issues during the test and my proctor didn't seem to have any issues either. The only thing i guess could lead to such an issue was that once i was done, the law hub page was stuck on a sending answers page and then it eventually displayed a failed to send answers page immediately followed by congratulations you're done page (i'm assuming my internet cut out momentarily). It also saved a 1KB file as well...
    I checked with the proctor afterwards and she said i was done, so im also curious as to why this has popped up

I'm sorry that happened to you. I didn't have that issue when I took the test. But I'm glad that I'm not the only one seeing this "score validity review".

2042 karma

Please post when you guys hear an update on what this means. Hoping for the big score jump for you :)

66 karma

@FindingSage said:
    Please post when you guys hear an update on what this means. Hoping for the big score jump for you :)

I will! Thank you!!!

66 karma

UPDATE: LSAC called me and told me that because of technical issues they lost my July score...they will let me take it in August.

• 1058 karma

@khuang5 Exact same thing has happened to me. This is not acceptable.

66 karma

@"The Great White Shark" said:

I know...I'm just so sad right now. I thought I did well...

• edited July 2020 1058 karma

@khuang5 said:

Me too. I have active law school applications that are on hold waiting for this July score.

66 karma

@khuang5 said:

Me too. I have active law school applications that are on hold waiting for this July score.

That sucks...I'm sorry to hear that. Hopefully your law schools can understand and wait one more month.

• 1058 karma

Law school will have started by the Aug LSAT. LSAC must rectify this situation. They are the portal to law school and they "lost" my exam. What kind of an organization is operated this way? This is 10 steps past ridiculous. No wonder law schools are starting to consider the GRE.

• Lej Not LegLej Not Leg Member
    238 karma

That sucks! I'm so sorry @"khuang5" @"The Great White Shark" thank you for posting

2042 karma

Oh my I am so sorry I was just coming here to post to tell you that there are multiple people on Reddit reporting that same thing. A free re take doesn’t compensate people who had active applications out and were trying to go to school this cycle.

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Wow I am so sorry to hear about your experiences! This is totally unacceptable on the part of LSAC!

• mrowley91mrowley91 Alum Member
    203 karma

Just listened to the Thinking LSAT podcast that came out today, and apparently a bunch of people wrote into the show about this same experience...so sad! I'm so sorry!

66 karma

UPDATE: They just recovered my score and I got 179!

2042 karma

Wow that is incredible! The best case scenario of the big score increase panned out! So sorry for everything they put your through but congrats you have quite the lsat story to tell and a wonderful ending to your journey!

• abcdef123abcdef123 Member
    9 karma

@khuang5 said:

That's insane! What was your previous score(s)?

66 karma

@FindingSage said:
    Wow that is incredible! The best case scenario of the big score increase panned out! So sorry for everything they put your through but congrats you have quite the lsat story to tell and a wonderful ending to your journey!

Indeed lol Thanks for your kind wishes :)

66 karma

@"amitav.kamani" said:

@khuang5 said:

I got 170 on the February test and 168 on the May test.

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    edited August 2020 40 karma

@khuang5 said:

@"amitav.kamani" said:

@khuang5 said:

I got 170 on the February test and 168 on the May test.

Hey did you happened to hear back from LSAC about the score validity review thing? I took July flex in South Korea, and I had the same situation and got an email from LSAC telling me that they lost my test answers. Later, I got another email from LSAC saying that they found my answer on last Friday, and that they will release my score within 4 days. For some reason, they also offered refunding my test registration fee for July flex and a coupon for a future test registration. So I got my score this morning, and I got 153, which is -7 from the first test that I took without much studying. I scored 165 on my second LSAT, and I can hardly believe I got 153.