Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

RC question, reading questions/answer choices before the passage.

Mike.JiangMike.Jiang Alum Member
edited October 2013 in General 17 karma
I was wondering what everyone's thoughts were on this method?

So far I've just been doing VIEWSTAMP and following the 7Sage advice, but I can't help but miss several per PT section. Anyhow, I was wondering if it would help to switch it up a bit by absorbing the questions first, but I am worried that this approach wouldn't work because my reading would become biased.

Comments

• KatherineKatherine Alum Member
    136 karma
    Unfortunately, I think by reading the questions first, you would lose time, because you would end up reading them a second time when you get back to them after reading the passage...
  • Nilesh SNilesh S Alum Inactive ⭐
    3438 karma
    True...what you could do however is to create a broad outline of the passage in your head as you go along and then use that outline to answer questions...there are some questions that are a given for at least 2 to 3 passages on the LSAT...what is the main idea of the passage...what is the authors opinion or attitude towards X or Y...make a mental note of these as you go along...In my view the best way to solve this would be to take up MLSAT reading comprehension Strategy guide and work thru it in 2 days flat...the take out the first 10 LSATs and solve the RC's for those in 3 days going at a rate of 4-2-4 passages using what MLSAT teaches you...JY recommends LSAT trainer as better so that's worth a look- that being said however, MLSAT worked for me - before that, I never broke into the 20s but after working with that book my scores hover around the 23-25 range in RCs - this is what worked for me - try to find what works for you and do that.
  • leandrilerouxleandrileroux Member
    10 karma

@"Nilesh S" Is "MLSAT" the same as Manhattan Prep? I tried searching MLSAT but couldn't find anything and I am keen to try your strategy. Thanks!

• sheridjwsheridjw Alum Member
    936 karma

@leandrileroux said:
    @"Nilesh S" Is "MLSAT" the same as Manhattan Prep? I tried searching MLSAT but couldn't find anything and I am keen to try your strategy. Thanks!

This was from a long time ago and it looks like the user is inactive so i wanted to let you know that yes that is the same as manhattan prep. I actually just got the rc guide because i was really struggling and i like it a lot so far.

• BullfroggerBullfrogger Member
    184 karma

Waste of time in my opinion. You're going to have to read them again anyway before you answer them. Better to just try to actually understand the passage so you can answer any question.

• leandrilerouxleandrileroux Member
    10 karma

@sheridjw Thanks so much for the response. That's good news, I also have that book, so I will certainly give it a try.