Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Mind Maps

in General 101 karma
Hey everyone!
I have pretty severe ADHD, which has led me to change my study habits for the LSAT quite a bit. @nicole.hopkins, @amanda_kw and I have been working pretty hard on really nailing the fundamentals of logic to improve our scores over the past several weeks, and it's been helping immensely. That said, there's still a lot to be done and as Jonathan said a few weeks ago, knowing logic like the back of your hand is crucial to scoring highly on the LSAT.
I've been studying up on mind-maps to help stimulate my creative side and find something that'll really make all of the logic lessons click for me. I'm finishing up the full logic map tonight, and will be doing two more over the course of the week: one for valid/invalid argument types, and one for LR question types.
I wanted to reach out and see if anyone would have an interest in me uploading these to share with anyone who might be more of a visual learner such as myself, or even if any of y'all have made mind maps that have worked for you!

Comments

• DumbHollywoodActorDumbHollywoodActor Alum Inactive ⭐
    7468 karma
    I'm interested. Thanks
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    OHHH I draw non-interactive prezi's in my moleskine all the time detailing the same thing! This would be extremely helpful to see on screen :]
  • 101 karma
    @DumbHollywoodActor What's your email address?
    @blah170blah They're still hand-written so I'll be scanning them but I'm looking for a good mind-mapping program as well. If you're still interested let me know. :)
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    Whoaaaa ... yes plz 2 share :)
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" I'm also interested in seeing them and will PM you my email address.
  • 101 karma
    @brna0714 @nicole.hopkins I'll send them to y'all once they're finished!
  • blah170blahblah170blah Alum Inactive ⭐
    3545 karma
    I normally HATE prezi but I do think it would make a great medium to (1) share your stuff and (2) represent the flow of our thought processes when we encounter certain questions. You could probably also do it as an Excel spreadsheet as well but it doesn't have the effect of some bubbles appearing/disappearing, which I think could be useful.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
  • 101 karma
    Hey Guys! I just wanted to update everyone on where I'm at with these. For my own personal use, I'm hand-drawing the maps but I know a scanned image might not be ideal for everyone, especially because I'm including imagery in my personal copy. What I'm going to do is use MindNode to make a .pdf version to share with y'all that's a bit more basic so you guys can add onto it in the way that best suits your learning necessities. Hope this works for everyone!
  • wperd001wperd001 Member
    1 karma
    Sounds awesome!!!! Thanks Jordan!!! :)
  • ChoboPieChoboPie Alum Member
    70 karma
    !!! This sounds awesome! I'm super interested as well, PMed you my e-mail!
  • The 180 Bro_OVOThe 180 Bro_OVO Alum Inactive ⭐
    1392 karma
    This is great!

I sent you a message!
  • 101 karma
    The map has been sent to everyone who's asked! I'll be making more shortly, so as they get finished I'll fill everyone in and send them out! Let me know if you're still interested in getting the maps!
  • markushageylikmanmarkushageylikman Alum Member
    48 karma
    Would love one as well and am willing to help out or contribute in anyway possible. Let me know!
    3462 karma
    Thanks!!
  • twssmithtwssmith Alum
    5120 karma
    Really appreciate your work. Messaging you now.
  • 101 karma
    @markushageylikman Yeah I'm always happy to have help! If you know of any mind maps you could make, or anything visual you can come up with, by all means share it here and we can make something digital to share! I'm more than happy to help out the community. :)
    @emli1000 No problem! :)
  • brna0714brna0714 Alum Inactive ⭐
    1489 karma
    Looks great! Thanks for sending it to me!
  • mc_meattmc_meatt Alum Member
    edited April 2015 123 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon". Would be appreciated if you could send me one too! thanks. and I'll also try to come up with my own and share with ppl
    3462 karma
    If you guys needs notes/examples on Flaw question types PM me your email I have made a google docs.
  • Snow DaySnow Day Member
    31 karma
    yes please! Thanks!
  • lsatcommittedlsatcommitted Alum Member
    166 karma
    Yes Jordan, i will take as many as you can dish out~~
    thanks~!~
  • 101 karma
    No problem guys! I'm glad to help!
    @emli1000 I have all your Study Guides bookmarked and I need to go through them but do if you have any Docs you could share I'd definitely appreciate it!
  • 101 karma
    Everyone who's asked so far should have received their maps! I'm working on the next few but I'm trying to figure out the software I'm using to do it. They'll look good though don't worry!
    3462 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" I will email you all of my notes. It may take a while but I'll get them to you by the end of the week :)
  • 101 karma
    @emli1000 Take your time! Thank you so much! I'll be using them to flesh out the maps and I'll send them back your way! :)
    3462 karma
    I've also made some flashcards using this site @"Jordan McMahon" https://www.goconqr.com/en-US/profiles/764929
  • 101 karma
    @emli1000 Just checked it out! This is awesome! It beats the thick hand-written stack I've been carrying around hahaha.
    3462 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" exactly! it's just as helpful too! & less time consuming haha they also have a phone app so you can pull it on the go and study!
  • 101 karma
    @emli1000 Perfect! Downloading the app right now! Thank you so much! :)
    3462 karma
    No problem. they also have mind maps and all that to use on there. pretty effective.
  • 101 karma
    @emli1000 No kidding? I'll have to look into that! I've been using MindNode because it lets me use custom fonts and I'm a huge design nerd hahaha.
    edited April 2015 3462 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" YES! haha.. I've used it before but didn't get into all of it like that since the flashcards were more important for me
  • 101 karma
    @emli1000 Yeah flash cards are insanely useful. I carry mine with me everywhere haha. If I could bring them to work I totally would.
    3462 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" since you can't take them to work.... now you can take them with you in your phone app lol
  • Nanchito-1-1Nanchito-1-1 Yearly Member
    1762 karma
    yes!!
  • sarahfatima28sarahfatima28 Alum Member
    320 karma
    If anyone has @"Jordan McMahon" 'S mind-maps can you please pm me and I ll give you my email id. Thanks!
  • LARamsNationLARamsNation Member
    592 karma
    Same here please!!
  • Ddowns0325Ddowns0325 Member
    56 karma
    Me too. Thanks!
  • Sheri123Sheri123 Alum Member
    1196 karma
    Me too please!
  • kclubs323kclubs323 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    275 karma
    @"Jordan McMahon" said:
    Hey everyone!
    I have pretty severe ADHD, which has led me to change my study habits for the LSAT quite a bit. @nicole.hopkins, @amanda_kw and I have been working pretty hard on really nailing the fundamentals of logic to improve our scores over the past several weeks, and it's been helping immensely. That said, there's still a lot to be done and as Jonathan said a few weeks ago, knowing logic like the back of your hand is crucial to scoring highly on the LSAT.
    I've been studying up on mind-maps to help stimulate my creative side and find something that'll really make all of the logic lessons click for me. I'm finishing up the full logic map tonight, and will be doing two more over the course of the week: one for valid/invalid argument types, and one for LR question types.
    I wanted to reach out and see if anyone would have an interest in me uploading these to share with anyone who might be more of a visual learner such as myself, or even if any of y'all have made mind maps that have worked for you!
    I'm also very interested! Thank you for being willing to share!
  • slizzardslizzard Member
    105 karma
    Me too!! Please let me know if i should email you my email!
  • tanes256tanes256 Alum Member
    2573 karma
    Guys idk if Jordan is still around. He was active just 20 days ago though. I'll email him and let him know.
    320 karma
    Thank you @tanes256
  • AurBorealAurBoreal Member
    74 karma
    thanks @tanes256 - I would also be interested in mind map
  • 101 karma
    Hi everyone! Apologies on the delay, life has been getting crazy. I've actually opted to take a different career path, so I won't be taking the LSAT. I DO still have my mind maps, and I'd love for the community to have them and be able to share them with current and future studiers! If you send me your emails I'll shoot them out to y'all, and then I hope y'all will continue to share them from there!
    @NotoriousRBG @sarahfatima28 @slizzard @kingofclubs323 @Sheri123 @Ddowns0325 @180orBust
  • 1LBound1LBound Alum Member
    149 karma
    Hi @"Jordan McMahon" I'd like your mind maps, I'll pm my email address. Thanks!
    320 karma
  • Anthony LAnthony L Alum Member
    53 karma
    I would as well!
  • mpsmilesmpsmiles Alum Member
    8 karma
    Can you send them to me as well please?