Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Need a realistic perspective

UTLawWannabeUTLawWannabe Member
in General 66 karma

My diagnostic score was a 153. I plan to take the LSAT in January which gives me roughly 6 months. I plan to study 1-2 hours every day 5 days a week and take 1 PT a week starting mid October. Is it possible to hit 168? My lowest by far was RC. I haven't delved into the course content yet on it because im doing logic games. Should I be working on that right now since I started studying or is it ok if I do LR and LG and then move to RC?

Comments

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

Yea its possible to get 168. You may start to realize you need to increase your study amount as you go along. Everyone learns different and there is no perfect way to do it. I did RC LG and LR at the same time with Monday taking a PT and blind review. Tuesday I only did LR, Wednesday I did games, Thursday was for RC, and Friday was for proofing games and going over specific Lr problem types and passages I had trouble with. Then I took Saturday and Sunday off to chill and do other things. So far has worked for me got a 169 last week (granted I study 5 hours a day). So maybe it could worked for you

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

Yes it's definitely possible. I recommend mapping out your long-term schedule now actually. What do you plan to review every week until January? This will of course change, but it can give you an idea of how much time you plan to spend doing what, how many PTs you can do and review, etc. If you want to devote different days to drilling LG or RC that's great, mapping it out will help you understand how much time you can allocate to different things.

• meganday2121meganday2121 Member
    edited August 2020 74 karma

Your plan sounds a lot like my reality! I had the same diagnostic score and my highest PT score is a 170 after 3 months of studying. So you got this! RC is also where I struggle most, yet working on LR actually helped me with RC. Once you get a grasp of the logic concepts, I would say drill on tough RC passages. I use these drills from this Power Score podcast, they make drilling more enjoyable https://www.powerscore.com/lsat/podcast/41/

Finally, I've heard a lot of advice to read things like the Economist or the Atlantic daily just to get used to this kind of reading. I haven't tried that tactic yet myself, but I hear it helps. Best of luck to you!

• UTLawWannabeUTLawWannabe Member
    66 karma

@jpgreenstein said:
    Yea its possible to get 168. You may start to realize you need to increase your study amount as you go along. Everyone learns different and there is no perfect way to do it. I did RC LG and LR at the same time with Monday taking a PT and blind review. Tuesday I only did LR, Wednesday I did games, Thursday was for RC, and Friday was for proofing games and going over specific Lr problem types and passages I had trouble with. Then I took Saturday and Sunday off to chill and do other things. So far has worked for me got a 169 last week (granted I study 5 hours a day). So maybe it could worked for you

Thank you so much, this means a lot. I might try this method out!

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Really depends on everyone! Start studying hard and track your progress