Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

LSAT-Flex Practice Tests

bigbadwolfbigbadwolf Core Member
in General 17 karma

For those that are planning on taking or have already taken an LSAT-Flex, do you recommend taking 3 section practice tests instead of the regular 4 section tests to accurately reflect the situation of test day? However, I definitely need the extra LR practice...

any advice?

Comments

• jIbookerjIbooker Alum Member
    152 karma

practicing four sections will increase endurance more than practicing a flex version, plus, you'll be doing more LR... I would suggest, for you, the four section version.

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I took the June flex (so 7sage didn't have a flex simulator at the time but you could manually skip an LR section) and I only took 4 section tests, which I highly recommend. Reviewing so much LR is probably what helped me get -0 on that section on the real exam. Also, taking practice exams with an extra section made the real test day feel so short.

I would only recommend taking 3 section practice tests if you're extremely short on time and don't have the time to take and BR 4 section tests. You can always plug your 4 section test scores into the flex calculator to see how you would be doing in flex conditions. At that point the benefit of simulating flex conditions may be worth more than the extra LR practice.

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

It depends. If you are going for as much practice as possible, there is no harm in doing 4. You are never going to have to do 4 sections back to back cause there a break in the regular test after 3 sections. I'm taking August Flex and just do three back to back because for me the hardest part is doing three back to back. I like just doing three cause it gives me more time for blind review. Also if you need more LR practice do 4 sections.

• bigbadwolfbigbadwolf Core Member
    17 karma

@noonawoon said:
    I took the June flex (so 7sage didn't have a flex simulator at the time but you could manually skip an LR section) and I only took 4 section tests, which I highly recommend. Reviewing so much LR is probably what helped me get -0 on that section on the real exam. Also, taking practice exams with an extra section made the real test day feel so short.

I would only recommend taking 3 section practice tests if you're extremely short on time and don't have the time to take and BR 4 section tests. You can always plug your 4 section test scores into the flex calculator to see how you would be doing in flex conditions. At that point the benefit of simulating flex conditions may be worth more than the extra LR practice.

How do you plug them into the flex calculator? is that on 7sage?

• mstev48mstev48 Alum Member
    5 karma

@bigbadwolf 7Sage does have a tool, but no one outside of LSAC really knows the specifics of the scoring.

https://7sage.com/lsat-flex-score-converter/