Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August Exam

brandonk47brandonk47 Member
in General 97 karma

I am scoring just a few points under my goal score on the past couple PT and noticed a trend. For LR, I am usually getting 13/15 correct on the first 15, and then shit the bed on the last 10 ish and go -10 for test section. Does anyone have any similar problems? Should I just drill more difficult questions ? maybe i should skip 15-20 and jump to last 5 ?
thank you

Comments

• mwilliamsmwilliams Member
    10 karma

I literally have the same problem. I usually get anywhere between 12-14 out of the first 15 correct, and afterwards, I find myself thinking I might as well just guess the answer choices. I can usually narrow down the correct answer choice to one of 3 possible options. And I always seem to choose the wrong one. I saw some success with skipping 15-20 and doing the last 5 but sometimes I've also seen success doing 15-20.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

The last questions on LR are typically the hardest, from what I know. So this might be normal

• 35 karma

I was able to improve my LR a lot from -8 to -1 to -4 by being more confident in my choices the early questions (1-12), selecting the choice and moving on. This let me have more time to tackle the more difficult questions which sometimes required me to spend over 2 minutes on them. It is true that the later LR questions are more difficult.

If you are getting the last questions wrong due to insufficient time, work on timing strategies. But if you aren't getting them right in BR either then you should just keep drilling and practicing.

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

The way I improved significantly on the hard questions was I just made sets of the hard questions, did them timed, bombed them, and then spent a lot of time on blind review. Often times the hard ones are hard either bc a) the stimulus is super convoluted or b) the answers choices are there to confused you (or both if its really hard). Practice translating the hard stimuli and answer choices over and over until you understand.