Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August LSAT-Flex Writing

jz68jz68 Core Member
in General 32 karma

I am registered for the August 29 LSAT-Flex as a first-time test taker. I just got an email from LSAC saying I need to complete my LSAT Writing as soon as possible online, and my score won't be released unless I complete the writing on time. I looked through the LSAC site and am still a bit confused. What is the deadline for online LSAC Writing? Do I have to complete it before my multiple choice test? And are there sample LSAT questions, guidelines, sample essays, etc. at 7sage? I just have no idea what LSAT Writing is and what I am supposed to do... #help

Comments

• madameninjamadameninja Member
    29 karma

It looks like we need to complete it 8 days before our test. This means you can take it anytime before you test starting today. If you log in, go the LSAT Writing on your dashboard and read the instructions and get acquainted with the software.

• jz68jz68 Core Member
    32 karma

@madameninja Do we need to complete it today? It seems they just opened the online writing. I only get notified today that I need to do the writing.

"To help you meet this requirement, we have today opened up the LSAT Writing opportunity for all August test takers. You can go online anytime starting now to complete your LSAT Writing assignment. "

• bkhovingbkhoving Member
    38 karma

following

• bkhovingbkhoving Member
    38 karma

Ok I actually just read the email and the website again and they basically just are encouraging people to take the lsat writing as soon as they can- but you do not have to take it before your test. they just wanted to let you know it takes 1-3 weeks to process and that you need to have a writing sample in before you can get your lsat score back. so basically, if i were you, i would just do the sample the day or two after the test (this is what I am doing), and not worry about it right now

• jwiltonjwilton Member
    62 karma

@madameninja said:
    It looks like we need to complete it 8 days before our test. This means you can take it anytime before you test starting today. If you log in, go the LSAT Writing on your dashboard and read the instructions and get acquainted with the software.

I do not believe this is correct. The prompts will open to us 8 days before the test, which as the FLEX is defaulted to start on the 29th, the first day to take the writing is today. LSAC is telling us to take it early because they plan to release our scores on September 18th, but without a writing sample verified and on file, they cannot release the LSAT score to us (or to law schools themselves).

From watching videos online about the writing (I, too, was nervous getting the email), it appears we actually have a year after the test date to take the section. Of course this is entirely unfeasible for nearly everyone applying to law school, so it's better to take it no later than a week after your test date. I'll probably plan on doing mine the following day, or if I feel ready, sometime early next week.