deleted

legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
edited December 2020 in General 350 karma

deleted

Comments

• noonawoonnoonawoon Alum Member
    3481 karma

I think opening the applications in September is normal? Some apps are already open like Michigan

• Law and YodaLaw and Yoda Alum Member
    edited August 2020 4312 karma

I could be wrong but most law schools open their applications by September. I've always been under the impression that applications open Sept 1st. This is a list of schools last cycle opening date -https://blog.spiveyconsulting.com/top-50-law-school-application-opening-dates-for-the-2019-2020-cycle/

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    edited December 2020 350 karma

deleted

3481 karma

@legallyconfused Not sure why that's the case, but I've heard there is no real difference between applying in September or applying in October when it comes to "applying early." Like if you apply on September 1 and you're the only applicant, they don't have a pool to compare you against lol

• legallyconfusedlegallyconfused Alum Member
    edited December 2020 350 karma

deleted

3481 karma

@legallyconfused Yeah it's much better to submit later with thoroughly revised essays than earlier in the hopes of an early submission boost. Personally I'm waiting a little later too because I am attending some virtual info sessions and the things I learn about through those might guide my application/Why X.

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

I would say if you planned to submit in October initially, still submit in October. Do not rush your essays. At this point in the cycle, it is way better to take another week or two than have a slightly less polished essay.