Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Take more PTs before August Flex?

Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
in General 541 karma

Hi everyone,

So I just took PT 70 and scored a PB of 158- which is above my target score. I've taken 10 PTs now and generally average in the mid 150s.

I am torn on whether to take a couple more or to just thoroughly BR PT 70 and do full sections until my test on September 2nd. My reasoning for not taking more is that I am kind of riding a high right now, and I'm worried if I take another and perform worse that that could seriously hinder my confidence going into the exam.

On the other side, I've only taken a few of the newer PTs...

I'd appreciate any advice!

Comments

• cacaldercacalder Core Member
    10 karma

I would recommend taking a few more beforehand (probably no more than 2). Before I took the May LSAT Flex, I bombed one of my PTs and it kind of made me feel better-- like all of my dumb mistakes were out of the way for the actual test (and I ended up scoring way better than expected). Would also recommend making the few more the newer ones, so you feel more confident in those. Just my two cents, but I don't think more PTs hurts (to a certain degree, obviously).

• Hans ZimmerHans Zimmer Member
    541 karma

@carolynanncalder That is rather interesting that bombing the PT before felt beneficial!

I under performed on my previous PT to PT 70 and it was a big psychological blow.

I definitely would not take more than a couple were I to decide to anymore at all though.

• snelllasnellla Core Member
    103 karma

I took one this weekend. I am just doing some harder LR, one hard RC passage and whole game section each day.

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

I have the opposite opinion which would be to not take anymore at this point and instead review in depth and drill. At most I would advise on additional PT as we are getting close and you just got a great score. You are better going into the test relaxed and confident.

541 karma

@snellla I like that recipe! Might have to whip it up myself.

@FindingSage I am leaning that way. A considerable portion of this test is psychological, so better not to rock the boat perhaps..

Thank you both :smile:

• FindingSageFindingSage Alum Member
    2042 karma

@"Hans Zimmer" , You are welcome. I am also taking that test and it looks like this is what I will be doing as well. I am just finishing detailed BR and if that test ends up in my normal range than it will be my last PT before this test as well.

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

of course dependent on the person! but I'm just focusing on drilling, as a bad PT score would definitely affect me psychologically, and a big part of this exam is the mental game

541 karma

@"Heinz Doofenshmirtz" it really is an underappreciated facet of this test...

thanks for the input :smile: