Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So burnt. Don't know if a break or more studying is needed

rdhall98rdhall98 Member
in General 15 karma

I'm taking the August test on August 31st, so one week from now. I have been PTing multiple times a week for almost two months. I have beaten the score I want, but have also had some duds underneath it.

Only issue is right now I am so burnt. I never wanna see LSAT stuff again. I don't know if I should take a break or push through and keep studying. I feel like taking a break is not good right now, but believe me that I am so tired of doing LSAT stuff every day.

Is it good to take a break so close to the test?

Comments

• LG for173LG for173 Yearly Member
    27 karma

Definitely take a break! You should be solid on everything by now. This week is just to relax and enjoy life before the test. Maybe take a couple of timed sections here or there and practice the games to stay in the groove of things. I would limit taking PTs to once or twice this week. You want to be as fresh as possible for the day of the test. Congrats on almost being done!

• LegalSeahorseLegalSeahorse Member
    60 karma

Absolutely take a break. My biggest score jump came after 2 and a half weeks of absolutely no studying or testing. I have heard enough anecdotal evidence to make me strongly believe in the power of a fresh mind and a break right before the real thing will help you accomplish that. Best of luck on Saturday and I hope you take time to refresh yourself!

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

One of the best phrases I've heard regarding the LSAT: "the time you take off is just as important as the time you spend studying." With this in mind, take a break and don't feel guilty because know that the break is actually improving your LSAT game :)

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

I would take a break. I've heard people say that redoing a logic game that isn't super hard or you know well is a good way to keep yourself from feeling rusty and also not tire yourself out right before test day.

• CRISPR24CRISPR24 Alum Member
    262 karma

I would remain in a lighter study mode, maybe retaking earlier PTs or review past errors or tricky questions. Managing the nerve first as anxiety at this point might impact your performance much more than not practicing as heavily as before.

• WhatslsatWhatslsat Member
    476 karma

I also recommend taking a break! and agree with Ciacduan's idea of going on "lighter study mode" E.g. on a regular study day I don't allow myself to watch Youtube nor Netflix until 9PM. But On days I want to relax a bit I only study LG then allow myself to watch Netflix at 6PM.

• meganday2121meganday2121 Member
    74 karma

I echo what a lot of others have said, it sounds like a break is in order! I'm taking the August Flex too and I am trying to take it easier this week and focus on my mental and physical health. A big part of this test is being in the right headspace, you don't want to burn out right before. If you still feel like you need to devote some time to studying, do a few logic games or read a passage, but don't overdo it :)