Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any Students Like Me?

Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
edited August 2020 in General 393 karma

My absolute best lsat work comes about 4-6 hours into a full day of studying. Right now I'm coming up with workshops of laid back lessons and section reviews that I've done a million times to transition me into my test on Sunday (3:30). I'm planning on reviewing for 3-5 hours before taking the test and yeah, I know that there are plenty of people that would label me a psychopath, but since we have this score preview/cancel option (first time taker) I don't see why I shouldn't go with my gut and do this. The main reason I think this will work for the flex is because I can transition almost instantly from workshopping to the test with no change of environment. Lastly, the only time I absolutely bomb sections is when I just hop into it with little or no review. Any other students like this or similar approaches that have worked?

Comments

• parkdan7070parkdan7070 Core Member
    50 karma

Hey! not sure if this is any help but any exam in college I feel like I do best if I work my brain up for a couple hours so that it's a smooth transition from review to the actual test. I do my worst like you if I just walk into a test with not enough time before to work my brain. I know a lot of people are like "you should rest the day before and just briefly look over the day of" but honestly if you know yourself then you should do what works for you.

• fudgiethequailfudgiethequail Core Member
    75 karma

Same here. I usually do better on PTs when I've reviewed 1-3 hours prior. Especially LG. Otherwise the switch to test mode feels a little too abrupt, and I lose minutes in the beginning from acclimating. Just be careful not to review too long before in case of fatigue. You got this.

Good luck!

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

I think everyone should warm up. Whether the warm up is 20 minutes or 1 hour is up to the person :) good luck today!

• mrowley91mrowley91 Alum Member
    203 karma

I definitely have a more laid back approach to waking up my brain, but I think it's a really solid idea. I work out and meditate before I study because I feel that it wakes me up in a similar way to studying and so the transition feels less abrupt. I plan on doing light review (reviewing RC tips and maybe doing 1 or 2 LR questions prior). If I do too much, I tend to get a in a place where, if I don't do my best, I start to think of worst-case scenarios that are possible. For me, this is why my "warm up" is more focused around "waking up" through physical exercise and meditation.