Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited October 2020 in August 2020 LSAT 5740 karma

Hey 7Sagers,

Here's the official August 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread.

Please keep all discussions of the August 2020 LSAT-Flex here!

Rules:

You can't discuss specific questions. 🙅‍♂️
You CANNOT say things such as the following:

• Hey, the 3rd LG was sequencing and the last one was In/Out, right? (Don't mention the game type)
  • The last question in the LR section was a lawgic heavy MBT! Was the answer (B)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)
  • What was the answer for the last question of RC? I think it was an inference question? Was the answer (C)? (Don't mention the question type or ask what the answer was)

Comments

• 79 karma

Taking it today and just wanted to say good luck everyone - we are all prepared and have all worked hard for this!!!

• empocratesempocrates Alum Member
    170 karma

Good luck everyone!!

• marre1marre1 Member
    29 karma

Goodluck everyone!

• danestr09danestr09 Core Member
    26 karma

Taking it right now, good luck everyone I hope we all hit our goal scores!

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

I'll be taking it tomorrow. Good luck to everyone!!

• hollyhe611hollyhe611 Core Member
    17 karma

Question: Is everyone's test going to be different?

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

Good luck everyone!

• sugliacjsugliacj Member
    15 karma

Bumping @hollyhe611 's question: are people taking tomorrow or later this week taking a diff test?

Best of luck to everyone taking today!!! :)

• sarahshinsarahshin Member
    16 karma

Good Luck everyone! Taking mine tomorrow, super nervous, but we all got this we studied extra hard!!

• jfpeterkinjfpeterkin Member
    79 karma

Just took mine Easy Lr hard RC Medium Games.

• Tempore NovissimoTempore Novissimo Alum Member
    edited August 2020 103 karma

@sugliacj said:
    Bumping @hollyhe611 's question: are people taking tomorrow or later this week taking a diff test?

Best of luck to everyone taking today!!! :)

PowerScore's podcast of the previous flex test stated that LSAC has been changing the test incrementally in waves. The people taking the afternoon test today could have the same LR LG but different RC section than the people that took it in the morning, but usually by the next day the test is totally different.

• johnnytsunamijohnnytsunami Member
    86 karma

Taking my test on Monday! And yet I woke up this morning to my IP address being stolen and the remnants of Hurricane Laura threatening to knock out internet in my region.

So, QUESTION — if something technical goes wrong before or during the LSAT-Flex, what recourse do test takers have with LSAC?

• runner1515runner1515 Member
    80 karma

@jfpeterkin said:
    Just took mine Easy Lr hard RC Medium Games.

Just took mine this morning and can second this ^^

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@johnschengber said:
    Taking my test on Monday! And yet I woke up this morning to my IP address being stolen and the remnants of Hurricane Laura threatening to knock out internet in my region.

So, QUESTION — if something technical goes wrong before or during the LSAT-Flex, what recourse do test takers have with LSAC?

When I had severe connectivity issues during my July FLEX I sent in a complaint and they cancelled my score and gave me a coupon for a future test. I'm also taking it on Monday BTW!

• jbfclaw1jbfclaw1 Member
    127 karma

Just took the test for the first time. LR was straighforward, nothing crazy with games (3/4 out of 5 difficulty) but RC WAS HARD. Usually my best section so I'm a little bummed...hoping for the best.

To anyone taking this test or a future test for the first time -- CONFIDENCE IS YOUR BEST FRIEND. Study hard, focus during the test, and be confident you will apply your skills on the test itself.

All love <3

170 karma

@johnschengber said:

From what I've heard, you get a free rewrite that's about it

• RaphaelPRaphaelP Member Sage 7Sage Tutor
    edited August 2020 1110 karma

I had LG-LR-RC. For LG, I honestly don't remember the theme of G1. G2 was gold and silver items, G3 was gym music piano and sailing schedules (or something else with G M P S items), and G4 was transcribing/recording/preparing interviews. For LR I had a question on free market/government control, and a question on the prices for delivery of the mail. For RC I had liberal environmentalism, judge vs jury trials, Rome and India patriotism comp passage, and honeybee distance sensing. I thought LG was harder than average, and will loosen the curve a bit - felt some timing pressure towards the end, and even the earlier games each had a couple of tough questions. LR felt much easier than normal, as did RC (up until honeybees, which was harder) - those might tighten the curve.

• rqun3737rqun3737 Alum Member
    97 karma

@rjp12345 said:
    I had LG-LR-RC. For LG, I honestly don't remember the theme of G1. G2 was gold and silver items, G3 was gym music piano and sailing schedules (or something else with G M P S items), and G4 was transcribing/recording/preparing interviews. For LR I had a question on free market/government control, and a question on the prices for delivery of the mail. For RC I had liberal environmentalism, judge vs jury trials, Rome and India patriotism comp passage, and honeybee distance sensing. I thought LG was harder than average, and will loosen the curve a bit - felt some timing pressure towards the end, and even the earlier games each had a couple of tough questions. LR felt much easier than normal, as did RC (up until honeybees, which was harder) - those might tighten the curve.

Hey buddy, how do you feel about RC? thx

• HopefulJD39HopefulJD39 Core Member
    28 karma

I had RC-LG-LR. RC had comparative paragraphs on monopolies and competition laws as well as an experiment involving wolves and dogs. LGs seemed HARD, this is usually my best section and I struggled with the timing. That was a gold and silver, painting-music schedule, and Interview assignments. LR seemed easier than usually and included questions about a finding lectures interesting, moral values, and eastern/western chimpanzees. Personally, I always find LR to be my worst section and I breeze through LGs. This test has me completely guessing how I did with LG because I felt so rushed.

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    218 karma

I had RC-LG-LR.
    RC - Dog v. Wolf experiment
    LG - Lectures and Interviews
    LR - Chimpanzees and Distribution of Food.

The RC seemed normal to me, LG was on the easier side, and LR seemed normal. I struggled on two questions on LR. I wonder what the curve will be like?

• Alperyilmaz31415Alperyilmaz31415 Core Member
    15 karma

Taking the test on Wednesday. Good luck everyone, and congrats to everyone who's already finished!

• johnnytsunamijohnnytsunami Member
    86 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" reposting this in case you have an official answer:

QUESTION — if something technical goes wrong before or during the LSAT-Flex, what recourse do test takers have with LSAC?

• jknarf513jknarf513 Member
    189 karma

Honeybees. Killed me.

• hcdbsu24hcdbsu24 Alum Member
    103 karma

LR - LG - RC
    LR was straightforward, I felt confident I performed well.
    LG is my best section, and had to guess on the last 3 questions of the Interview Assignments game. Oyyyy.
    RC seemed fairly easy to me. I had the Wolves vs. Dogs passage and usually I struggle finishing RC.

Goodluck everyone!

• brandonk47brandonk47 Member
    97 karma

just read all comments. seems like same questions for LG and RC.
    RC was difficult for me, but it is my worst section so that could be big factor.
    LG was easy .. got stuck on first simple game i think it was nerves but came back to it and realized how simple it was.
    LR was okay i guess. Had a lot marked but i think because i wanted to come back if I had time. I would say on harder side for LR but again, I think i didn't find my groove as quick so that could have been it.
    LR-LG-RC
    overall, not sure lol . If LR went well for me I think i score around my PT.

Literally the same thing as taking PT on lawhub, nothing else so just take it as a PT and don't overthink it. Im ab to not look at lsat shit for at least a week and get v v sauced. good luck to all

• lawlawlandlawlawland Alum Member
    66 karma

LG and LR both felt pretty easy.

RC felt insanely hard to me (had the Wolves v. Dogs and Monopolies passages). It was my last section so I could have just been feeling worn out, but I had to guess on a good number of questions.

• grsthle89grsthle89 Free Trial Member
    edited August 2020 45 karma

RC was terrible

• KirstenKirsten Alum Member
    82 karma

I had RC, LG, LR. I was almost shocked that I had RC first because that's what I had hoped I would get lol. I think because of that, it felt like the passages weren't too bad. Comparative (monopolies) was the worst out of them all but not the hardest I've ever done and the passage on dogs was super interesting which made it much easier. LG wrecked me. The 3rd game made no sense to me so I had to skip it for time. LR felt average, maybe even easier than I expected. But I felt defeated by the last 2 games so I had to get my confidence back up after the first few questions. Good luck y'all! We've got this.

• ajgilmore52ajgilmore52 Free Trial Member
    31 karma

Shit was wack. Had tech issues to start. Harder than usual LR. Final LG games was just ridiculous. Overall horrible experience.

• amberngrimmeramberngrimmer Member
    7 karma

How many pieces of scratch paper can you use? #help

170 karma

@amberngrimmer said:
    How many pieces of scratch paper can you use? #help

170 karma

@johnschengber said:
    @"Juliet --Student Service--" reposting this in case you have an official answer:

QUESTION — if something technical goes wrong before or during the LSAT-Flex, what recourse do test takers have with LSAC?

Hey I just saw this on LSACs website "Hurricane/Wildfire Issues: If you are scheduled to take the August LSAT-Flex, but are affected by Hurricane Laura or the recent wildfires, you may reschedule your test at no additional charge by emailing LSACinfo@LSAC.org (subject line: “Hurricane/Wildfire”) or calling 215.968.1001."

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

@rjp12345 said:

Oh man...I had the exact same sections as you but feel really differently than you do. I thought LG was super easy and finished ahead of time but the LR was bananas hard for me. Goes to show what I need to work on i guess! I agree about the honeybees passage. I thought the passage itself was fine but by the time I got to it I didn't have much time.

• rabed18rabed18 Core Member
    19 karma

The proctor was really pleasant. LG and LR was fairly easy, but RC broke me. Good thing I registered for October exam.

• AwokenNovaAwokenNova Alum Member
    176 karma

Was supposed to take it today, but proctor U kept disconnecting and wouldn’t let me start the test. The staff was unhelpful. I’m pretty upset. LSAC tells me to reschedule through Proctor U but there’s no times for me to schedule... hope someone from Proctor U or LSAT can help me. Sigh...

• wingustinwingustin Member
    18 karma

Hey, does anyone know how much the testing process is directed by the proctor? I'll be using foam earplugs (I live on a busy street) and was wondering what I would miss out on from not hearing the proctor.

481 karma

@wingustin said:
    Hey, does anyone know how much the testing process is directed by the proctor? I'll be using foam earplugs (I live on a busy street) and was wondering what I would miss out on from not hearing the proctor.

For me the proctor really didn't say much that I didn't already know. But just a note on the foam earplugs-- my proctor wouldn't let me use mine! Even though I knew they were allowed he kept saying they weren't
    :( Really hope this won't be an issue for you but wanted to give you a heads-up just in case

• poppyflowerpoppyflower Member
    15 karma

@wingustin I took the exam yesterday and only talked with the proctor before and after the exam. From my experience, you should be fine to put earplugs in once you start the exam and leave them in throughout.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@wingustin said:

For my July LSAT I never heard the proctors' voices and they just communicated with me via chat box

• lsat12345lsat12345 Alum Member
    49 karma

This may be an obvious question, but are we supposed to login to ProctorU the same time as our designated time. Or should I login 10 minutes earlier or so?

• astevens95astevens95 Member
    edited August 2020 19 karma

LR was a little above average in difficulty for me (babbling and rare & expensive books). I flagged a good amount to come back to. Like was said above, I also found it a little hard to get in my groove for that section. The LG was even more above average in difficulty for me (I had the silver/gold ware game) and I guessed on most of the last game--while there were some challenging questions in some of the earlier games as well. RC was fairly straightforward for me (I had the wolves vs. dogs questions).

481 karma

@lsat12345 said:
    This may be an obvious question, but are we supposed to login to ProctorU the same time as our designated time. Or should I login 10 minutes earlier or so?

It doesn't really matter. I had proctor u pulled up an hour beforehand. The option to click into the exam won't appear until the timer runs out

• Phoebe EPhoebe E Member
    15 karma

I just took it and for me LG was super easy and I finished with a lot of time leftover (I had the game about North and South). RC was about average (I had passages about the cartoonist and about universe expansion). Anddd LR was very difficult, and usually LR is my best section (I had the question about platapus, that's pretty much all I can remember lol). I had a lot of questions flagged and didn't really have any time leftover to go back and check them over. Overall not a bad test because of LG being so easy.

• jpgreensteinjpgreenstein Member
    136 karma

Just did it. LG-RC--LR. I found games easy only one trickier one. RC was average with one tough passage. LR was pretty average, I flagged around 6 questions in the back half. Having LG be easy was a good confidence boast def one of my better tests.

• ryanmhallettryanmhallett Member
    edited August 2020 17 karma

I had RC-LG-LR. I felt like RC was average (monopolies); however, LG was definitely much more difficult than expected (gold vs silver). Pretty sure I didn't do well on LG, which is usually my strong section. I felt like LR was average and flagged 4-5 questions on the back end.

• Mister PopoMister Popo Alum Member
    38 karma

I had RC-LG-LR. I found RC to be really tough and LR and LG was pretty easy. I had about 8 minutes left at the end of my LR section and 5 questions left to do when the Proctor took over my mouse and said there was a connection issue. I lost about 2 minutes because of that which left me with 3 minutes to do my last 5 questions. I ended up guessing 3 because I ran out of time and was out of the "zone". I'm debating whether or not to complain about the lost time and re-write in October now -_-

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@johnschengber said:

Hi there,

LSAC posted the following on their site:

"If you are scheduled to take the August LSAT-Flex, but are affected by Hurricane Laura or the recent wildfires, you may reschedule your test at no additional charge by emailing LSACinfo@LSAC.org (subject line: “Hurricane/Wildfire”) or calling 215.968.1001." You can find more information about this on this page.

Regarding general technical difficulties, please see the following screenshot from LSAC's site relating to technical difficulties on the day of the LSAT-Flex:

I hope this helps!

• dianejuventinadianejuventina Core Member
    26 karma

How do you pay the 75 fee to see a preview of your score?

• Colleen1029Colleen1029 Member
    21 karma

To anyone who paid for score preview, finished the LSAT writing and took the rest of the exam: how soon after were you able to see your score? Was it sent via e-mail or did it show up at the end of the test?

• KcNc2124KcNc2124 Core Member
    4 karma

I was affected by Hurricane Laura. I emailed LSAC on the 27th, and I received a request to confirm that I would like to cancel on the 29th - "Please confirm that you will be unable to take the August LSAT and I will purge the test from your file and issue a coupon that you may use until April 10, 2021."