Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

August 29 LSAT-Flex (US, Canada)

2»

Comments

• Angela KimAngela Kim Core Member
    98 karma

@"benjamin-5" said:
    i’ve been practicing taking preptests on my ipad since for the digital lsat it was supposed to be administered on a tablet... will i be permitted to take the FLEX on my tablet as well? or just my laptop? if so, i’ll adjust how i take preptests accordingly

You can only use a laptop or computer for FLEX.

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

@poppyflower said:
    I have a question about using your phone as a mirror for check in. Does anyone know if this is necessary or can we move our cell phone out of the room before checking in for the exam?

From the LSAC website: "One cell phone is allowed for use as a mirror during check-in as instructed by your proctor, but it must be turned off and put away as instructed by the proctor before the test begins. Additional cell phones are prohibited."

What does it even mean to use a phone as a mirror...

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@poppyflower said:
    I have a question about using your phone as a mirror for check in. Does anyone know if this is necessary or can we move our cell phone out of the room before checking in for the exam?

From the LSAC website: "One cell phone is allowed for use as a mirror during check-in as instructed by your proctor, but it must be turned off and put away as instructed by the proctor before the test begins. Additional cell phones are prohibited."

I wrote the July flex and used a small handheld mirror I had in my room for that. My phone was off and tucked under a pillow.

• LawLessOneLawLessOne Member
    38 karma

@christinagomez7738 said:
    This is gonna sound weird but I’m so happy the flex is a thing mainly cus I drink so much coffee beforehand so if it’s really a problem I can pee my pants n no one will know <3 taking the lsat holding ur pee is a nightmare ;(

Should probably lay off the coffee. Didn't you learn anything from the coffee question on the LSAT? hahaha

• mrowley91mrowley91 Alum Member
    203 karma

@poppyflower I don't believe you're allowed to leave the room once you've started your room check, so I would just bring a mirror if you can.

• arnisya97arnisya97 Alum Member
    139 karma

@poppyflower said:

Just took the LSAT-Flex! My proctor asked if I had a phone or a literal mirror at hand so I could show him my view of my laptop. I had neither, so he let me go get my phone real quick (from another room), and then when I was done using it he let me return it to the room I got it from. Hope that helps?

• dianejuventinadianejuventina Core Member
    26 karma

Where is the option to request a preview if your score, I cannot find it anymore?

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@dianejuventina said:
    Where is the option to request a preview if your score, I cannot find it anymore?

I believe that becomes available the same date that all of the scores are released (I think it was September 18th or something). I don't think score preview means you get it faster -- you get to see it then you have a few days to decide to cancel

• wbartinikwbartinik Member
    18 karma

@dianejuventina Score Preview isn't available until September 5th at 11:59 PM.

• 1234abcd-11234abcd-1 Member
    422 karma

August Flex went smoothly, the games were generally forward. The RC section was a bit hard, or so I thought. I had a comparative (poor people and banks), cosmo, comic strip, and ownership. LR was generally standard. I will say that the LG is my best section and I finished at round 3 minutes or so. The third and fourth game took the longest, the third game taking up most of my time. I did not know that you were not supposed to leave the room and I did because I needed to use the bathroom. SO not sure if LSAC is going to cancel my exam or not:( I

• mariammmmariammm Member
    17 karma

What time are the LSAT scores being released?

• sgreer2015sgreer2015 Member
    73 karma

9 am EST I believe. I might be wrong regarding the time zone

• LS-AT WalkerLS-AT Walker Alum Member
    66 karma

@sgreer2015 said:
    9 am EST I believe. I might be wrong regarding the time zone

Correct