Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Score Fluctuating

Hi guys. I am taking my LSAT tomorrow and honestly do not know what to expect. My score fluctuates so much every single test and I don't know what this means. For example, Monday I took a test and got a 157. Yesterday I took one and got a 165 (my highest ever)! But I am fluctuating between 157-165 now and I just don't know what to expect for tomorrow. I want to score at least a 160 but I am freaking out. Does anyone know why such big fluctuations may be happening?

Comments

• jlewis2618jlewis2618 Member
    69 karma

I think a fluctuations are normal to a certain extent. Low scores for me tend to be when everything goes wrong and most of my gambles didn't turn out, and high scores are when everything is good and i get a little lucky. I try to be honest with myself about the fact that, while learning LSAT skills are crucial to scoring higher, there is just going to be a degree of uncertainty. If you take 10 PT's you probably deserve to score around the average. We all want to get lucky and score our highest, but the odds of that are no better than scoring our lowest.

If you scored a 165, then its very likely that you will score a 160+ tomorrow. If you average 160, that's what you can expect, and i hope that probability would manifest with a 160. Don't panic in the exam. Remember that you have done the work it takes to get a 160, and the only way you won't get it is if you are unlucky.

If it makes you feel better i scored a 156 on a PT this month, but i also scored a 170. My average is like 165-166. So thats what i expect. I can score -0 and -1's on each section, and have many times, but i don't expect fate to be gentle. By the same token, don't expect fate to kick the sh*t out of you either.

Remember you can always retake, and even if you don't hit your goal score, you will still be a lawyer, have a great career, and a great life :)

• alcanadyalcanady Core Member
    15 karma

First and foremost, I wish you the best of luck regarding tomorrow! Honestly, I'm sure you'll get the score you want. You're scores aren't too far off from each other so I wouldn't be too alarmed. Like the user above said, you"re going to do just fine. Regardless, you're going to be a kick-butt lawyer!

• goforbrokegoforbroke Core Member
    320 karma

Best thing to remember, keep calm cause you can do this! So stop reading this forum and get some good sleep!

Once you've taken the test, I'd be curious to know about how many PTs you've done? If it's under ten, then I would assume a larger variance is more normal as scores converge into some kind of average over the long run. Also, you already took two PTs this week and you're taking the test tomorrow?? Maybe you are overworking your brain. Rest is an important element of any LSAT plan.