Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

To take or not take the June Lsat...

gemandlightgemandlight Free Trial Member
edited May 2015 in June 2015 LSAT 81 karma
Hi everyone,
I just wanted some input from the group. I have been studying for months now and I am still not improving nor reaching my PT goal. Should I take my June test for the experience even though I'm sure I'll end up with a low score or just delay it to October? I've been delaying my LSAT several times so I feel like rather than pushing it behind yet again, taking it at least once now would be better. But by reading other forums lots of people say if one is not Pt-tng around their goal, then delay it. I'm aiming for a Canadian law school so many law schools just look at the highest LSAT score. Not sure it they will take into consideration of my other LSAT scores, for example I get a 141 on the June LSAT but for the October one I get a 167. Would love some feedback, thank you!

Comments

• mes08mes08 Alum Member
    578 karma
    I think this has been covered by others asking the same question. Basically, you should postpone taking the LSAT. You shouldn't take the test with an attitude of "oh I'll just take it again." You should give it your all and if possible, only take it once. Retaking is for worst case scenarios where you didn't perform as well as you wanted to. Also, it's very demoralizing when you take the LSAT and get a disappointing score, which makes it hard to re-motivate yourself and get back into the groove of studying (I speak from experience). I think most people would recommend delaying it. Don't worry about the fact that you've already delayed a few times; take the test when you're ready! :)
  • mjjohns6mjjohns6 Member
    418 karma
    Postpone until October.
  • AlexanderL0AlexanderL0 Alum Member
    239 karma
    What's your current PT scores/ goal
  • sarkisp23sarkisp23 Alum Member
    374 karma
    I see what you're saying. You want to take it and experience how it feels so that at least you're not nervous when you take it "for real" in October. Really, I'll tell you people probably make it seem super intense but it's really just "hype" lol. And it's not even that long of a test anyway. 3 35 minute sections, 15 minute break then 2 35 minute sections (one of which is a virtually useless written portion). You've probably written longer tests in university. So point is, don't worry too much about gaining that kind of experience, just preptest yourself somewhat realistically a few times in an empty classroom with the proctor app that 7Sage makes and you'll be just fine.
  • nicole.hopkinsnicole.hopkins Inactive Sage Inactive ⭐
    7965 karma
    @gemandlight said:
    I have been studying for months now and I am still not improving nor reaching my PT goal.
    You answered your own question—no way! Don't take again until you're PT'ing consistently +/- 3-5 points of your needed score, at a minimum.
  • emli1000emli1000 Alum Member Inactive ⭐
    3462 karma
    Postpone until you are close to reaching your goal. Keep in mind that your score on test day will be +/- 3 points of the recent 3 PTs avg. that you've taken.
  • gemandlightgemandlight Free Trial Member
    81 karma
    Thanks guys! Much appreciated, I will postpone the exam until I feel ready, thanks again for the input :)
  • hrjones44hrjones44 Alum Member
    323 karma
    POSTPONE I SAY