Query failed: connection to 172.31.3.4:9312 failed (errno=111, msg=Connection refused). How to avoid unnecessary assumptions for LR? - 7Sage Forum

How to avoid unnecessary assumptions for LR?

So without going into too much detail, there was an AC yesterday on my LSAT that said something along the lines of "Politician A's campaign called all supporters prior to the debate and urged them to call the radio station regardless of who won the debate" Do we have to assume that supporters will call the radio station? I ended up choosing another one because i felt like that was too big of an assumption because i think most people wouldn't listen and follow through. Or maybe I am making a bigger assumption?

Comments

• LogicianLogician Alum Member Sage
    2464 karma

The LSAT will rarely, if ever, force you to make assumptions that one could deem unreasonable. In regards to your question, though its hard to say without knowing the context, i'm almost certain the answer would be no, that would not be an assumption you need make. Your job is not to try to assume whether they will or won't call, you simply don't know, so that needs to be the basis you act on. This is true for many incorrect ac's that tempt you to make unwarranted assumptions. If you could just as easily make a case for the opposite assumption to hold, you're likely making an unwarranted assumption.