Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Resume Questions

I have a few questions about writing my resume. First, should I include retail jobs on my resume if that's all the work experience I had in college? Also I'm not sure if an addendum would be necessary for this but I just want to make sure. At one point I was working two jobs but quit one of them for medical reasons. Should I explain this or does it not really matter? Also on my resume it will show that I worked at a coffee shop until March 2020 and then didn't work until September. I'm assuming they'll know this will be from COVID, but again should I explain this? Thanks

Comments

• Oni LSATOni LSAT Alum Member
    edited September 2020 218 karma

DeanZ from University of Michigan Law stated, in her YouTube video, that retail jobs on applicants' resumes impressed her very much. I think some adcoms know that retail jobs are very work intensive; it's also impressive that you worked during an academic year.

As for the addendum, I don't think you should waste adcom time if you didn't get fired or disciplined for misconduct.

• xtinextinextinextine Member
    861 karma

IMO there's nothing wrong with including retail work! I do know that on the actual application, there's a section for employment where you enter your past and current jobs with a short blurb. I'm not sure on the addendum, though. Maybe someone else can chime in.