Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

October 3 LSAT-Flex (US, Canada, and International)

Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
edited October 2020 in General 5740 karma

Announcement from LSAC:

• The October 3 LSAT (USA, Canada) and October 4 -10 LSAT (International) will be Flex
  • LSAT-Flex will be administered starting Saturday, October 3. Most test takers will test on Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, or Thursday, with a small number of tests occurring Wednesday based on specific remote proctoring requirements.
  • The October LSAT-Flex will count toward the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT.
  • Registration for the October LSAT-Flex is open through Friday, August 21. Candidates currently registered for the October LSAT may either take the October LSAT-Flex or opt out and receive a coupon that can be applied to any future test between November 2020 and April 2021.
  • Candidates should visit their LSAC account and submit the online form with their choice. If candidates do not submit their choice by August 21, they will be automatically registered for the October LSAT-Flex on or about August 24.
  • Any candidate who does not have the necessary equipment or an appropriate place to test should submit an online form in their LSAC account no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time on Sunday, September 13, 2020
  • For the October test, score preview will cost $45 before 11:59 p.m. ET on October 2, or $75 after testing has concluded. First-time test takers who have an approved LSAT fee waiver will receive score preview free of charge
  • Expected score release date is Friday, October 23.
  • Test is undisclosed.

More information about the score preview option can be found here.

More information about LSAT-Flex

Comments

• lincoln_1997lincoln_1997 Alum Member
    66 karma

Does the October score cancellation preview option extend to all test takers or only first-time takers?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@lincoln_1997 said:
    Does the October score cancellation preview option extend to all test takers or only first-time takers?

Hi there,

The score preview option is available for first-time test takers only. You can find more information about the score preview option here: https://www.lsac.org/lsat/taking-lsat/lsat-scoring/about-score-preview

• nanabillannanabillan Member
    347 karma

So October is the first Flex that will count toward the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT?

• JayMulahJayMulah Core Member
    51 karma

So all October Test Takers must take the Test the in-person option is no longer available?

• Juliet - Student ServiceJuliet - Student Service Member Administrator Student Services
    5740 karma

@nanabillan said:
    So October is the first Flex that will count toward the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT?

Hi there,

Yes, LSAT-Flex tests after the August 2020 administration will count toward LSAT testing limits. Therefore, the October LSAT-Flex is the first LSAT-Flex that will count toward the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT.

5740 karma

@jkpokou said:
    So all October Test Takers must take the Test the in-person option is no longer available?

Yes, the October 3 in-person LSAT (USA, Canada) and October 4 -10 in-person LSAT (International) is canceled. The October LSAT is now a LSAT-Flex.

• cara.nazareth91cara.nazareth91 Free Trial Member
    2 karma

I am writing the August LSAT. In the case I am not happy with my score and want to take the October LSAT do I have to register by tomorrow August 21 or can I wait?

• TiaK0419TiaK0419 Alum Member
    61 karma

Does the time for October LSAT vary like July LSAT?

• 375 karma

What are the annual, multi-year, and lifetime limits on taking the LSAT?

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    edited August 2020 50 karma

I am confused about the date by which I can opt out of the October LSAT-Flex and receive a coupon. Do I need to submit my choice by August 21 (as mentioned above) or September 25? August 21 is the registration deadline for the October LSAT.

• PFT CommenterPFT Commenter Core Member
    249 karma
  • 375 karma

@PeachBlossom said:
    I am confused about the date by which I can opt out of the October LSAT-Flex and receive a coupon. Do I need to submit my choice by August 21 (as mentioned above) or September 25? August 21 is the registration deadline for the October LSAT.

By September 25. I just called LSAC today asking about that.

• PeachBlossomPeachBlossom Member
    50 karma

@FutureLawyer77 said:

@PeachBlossom said:

By September 25. I just called LSAC today asking about that.

Thank you so much!

• sherry.prasadsherry.prasad Member
    edited August 2020 11 karma

Considering LSAT-Flex will be the format for the foreseeable future, can we have access to one page where we can access the answers of the skipped section (as opposed to the current solution of clicking on each question's explanation videos)? Current solution is very tedious and the only workaround is deleting the PT answers entirely, which screws up the analytics.

5740 karma

@"sherry.prasad" said:
    Considering LSAT-Flex will be the format for the foreseeable future, can we have access to one page where we can access the answers of the skipped section (as opposed to the current solution of clicking on each question's explanation videos)? Current solution is very tedious and the only workaround is deleting the PT answers entirely, which screws up the analytics.

Hi there,

Thank you for your feedback. To review the answers to the one section that was skipped, you can also create a custom Problem Set for the one Section that was skipped, and either take that problem set or tap on "Printable" to only view the answers. See the GIF below:

If you aren't familiar with the custom problem set interface, here are more detailed instructions on how to create a custom Problem Set:

1. Navigate to Problem Sets.https://7sage.com/problem-sets/
    2. Filter by PrepTests on the "PrepTests To Show" area
    3. Filter by Sections (LG, RC, LR)
    4. Filter further by typing keywords like "pt38 s2" (optional)
    5. Tap the cart icon to the top left of the table to select all the questions from the Section or scroll down and mark each question you want to include with the cart icon on the left
    6. Finally, tap on "Create Problem Set with ... Problems" at the bottom

Let us know if you have any further questions.

• sherry.prasadsherry.prasad Member
    11 karma

@"Juliet --Student Service--" Thanks for this, really appreciate it.

• bellamaxbellamax Member
    68 karma

Does anyone know when we'll be able to register for a specific time/day for the October flex? In the email I believe they said the registration would be available 2 weeks before the first test date, but I'm not sure what day I should keep an eye out for.

• xiyuewang42xiyuewang42 Core Member
    3 karma

Hi, I am wondering is there any difference between the October LSAT Flex in NA and the October Flex International. I am registered for the NA one, but will be at an international location in October. Would the two exams be the same, or am I allowed to switch to International Flex?

• 769 karma

Is the flex exam on something similar to law hub? Because I can't highlight or underline on there at all. I don't know if it's just my computer but I'm worried I wont be able to on the test

• LegalSeahorseLegalSeahorse Member
    60 karma

@"Christina Walton" said:
    Is the flex exam on something similar to law hub? Because I can't highlight or underline on there at all. I don't know if it's just my computer but I'm worried I wont be able to on the test

I took the January 2020 LSAT which was in person, but on a tablet in the same format that the FLEX will be in. From what I remember, the format on 7Sage is similar to the format for the LSAT. There is some confusion as to whether or not there is more than one color to use for highlighting (as in 7Sage we have pink, yellow & orange). There may only be one color highlight. But from what I remember, there is at least one highlight color option. Best of luck in your studies!

• ssharma1230-1ssharma1230-1 Member
    7 karma

If you have taken the LSAT but cancelled it because it was the first online LSAT, do you still have the option for score preview?

• gvvert957gvvert957 Core Member
    24 karma

Woah, okay. So is the test taking place across multiple days and times? How do I know what time/day I'll be taking mine?

• makena_808makena_808 Member
    93 karma

When does the time slot sign up begin for the October flex?

• SarahSpanishSarahSpanish Member
    38 karma

@gvvert957 said:
    Woah, okay. So is the test taking place across multiple days and times? How do I know what time/day I'll be taking mine?

Sorry I can't figure out how to reply to you, @gvvert957 ... not sure if this comment will reach you. Eventually, a week or so before the test (maybe a bit more?), LSAC will send out an email with a code that will allow us to go online and schedule ourselves. Its important to keep an eye out for that email because I believe slots can fill up.

I was originally signed up for August Flex, but at the last minute pushed it back to this test. So I still got the email and everything for August's Flex administration. Thats how I know!

• VerdantZephyrVerdantZephyr Member
    2054 karma

Does anyone know if they will provide a loaner device for the Flex to international test takers? My laptop has developed the interesting condition of pieces falling off. I would rather not risk that on test day.

• aureliasuperstaraureliasuperstar Free Trial Member
    edited September 2020 4 karma

Hello. I took my July Flex 2020 LSAT test. It was almost identical to the law hub practice tests you're able to practice. It has three highlighter colors and flags your questions if needed. It's timed exactly on the practice as well as the test. Hopes this helps! 😊

• aureliasuperstaraureliasuperstar Free Trial Member
    4 karma

@gvvert957 said:

@gvvwrt957
    Once you're able to go on ProctorU, which is the site you will take the LSAT test, it will ask you your time zone you are in. That's how your test's time will be determined. The date will be determined once you get an email stating for your to sign up on ProctorU. You will then be able to sign for a specific date and time in your time zone. It's a first come first serve date and time, so make sure to sign up early as possible. Hope this helps you 😊

• BibimbobBibimbob Member
    40 karma

@makena_808 said:
    When does the time slot sign up begin for the October flex?

Also curious about this :smile:

• sojeonglee91sojeonglee91 Core Member
    edited September 2020 10 karma

Oh no.. I know the deadline is over but is there any way that I can register for October exam? I guess I am too late ugh

• shawnlegolasshawnlegolas Free Trial Member
    6 karma

@xiyuewang42 said:
    Hi, I am wondering is there any difference between the October LSAT Flex in NA and the October Flex International. I am registered for the NA one, but will be at an international location in October. Would the two exams be the same, or am I allowed to switch to International Flex?

This kind of operation is totally forbidden by the LSAC. You can't register for a NA LSAT-Flex when you are not literally in NA. Better switch to the intel one.

• attal.taimaattal.taima Core Member
    12 karma

I’m taking the October 3rd international exam. I’m a little confused about the writing sample. Will I select the time to do at when I choose my Flex test time? Or do I have to sign up for it separately?

• Kris4444Kris4444 Member
    266 karma

@"attal.taima" said:
    I’m taking the October 3rd international exam. I’m a little confused about the writing sample. Will I select the time to do at when I choose my Flex test time? Or do I have to sign up for it separately?

The writing is separate and is not proctored by a live person so you can literally just log onto LSAC and write your sample whenever you feel like it (before the deadline of course).

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@"attal.taima" said:

The option to do LSAT writing will appear 8 days before the test. You don't have to book a time and can just take it whenever you want (it's not a real person proctoring you, they record you then watch it later)

• edited September 2020 65 karma

@kilgoretrout and @attal.taima I don't think the previous comment by @kilgoretrout is correct, you can't just take it whenever you want. You must sign-up for a time slot. If you read your confirmation email, it says you will receive an email approx. 2 weeks before the test date with information on selecting a time and day to take the test. Specifically, the agreement you are required to read when registering for the LSAT says: "Reporting Time: You must report to the LSAT Test no later than the reporting time indicated on your LSAT Admission Ticket. You will not be admitted to the LSAT Test after the time set forth on your LSAT Admission Ticket. You must report to the LSAT-Flex Test no later than the time you schedule for your LSAT-Flex Test. You will not be admitted to the LSAT-Flex Test if you report to the LSAT-Flex Test more than one (1) hour after your scheduled time for the LSAT-Flex Test. LSAC will strictly enforce the reporting deadlines set forth in this provision. If you are a candidate at an international Test center, please carefully review the actual Test date, day, and reporting time printed on your LSAT Admission Ticket for the LSAT Test." YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST SCHEDULE A TIME, DO NOT SHOW UP TO TAKE THE LSAT-FLEX WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

@georgiannajd2b said:
    @kilgoretrout and @attal.taima I don't think the previous comment by @kilgoretrout is correct, you can't just take it whenever you want. You must sign-up for a time slot. If you read your confirmation email, it says you will receive an email approx. 2 weeks before the test date with information on selecting a time and day to take the test. Specifically, the agreement you are required to read when registering for the LSAT says: "Reporting Time: You must report to the LSAT Test no later than the reporting time indicated on your LSAT Admission Ticket. You will not be admitted to the LSAT Test after the time set forth on your LSAT Admission Ticket. You must report to the LSAT-Flex Test no later than the time you schedule for your LSAT-Flex Test. You will not be admitted to the LSAT-Flex Test if you report to the LSAT-Flex Test more than one (1) hour after your scheduled time for the LSAT-Flex Test. LSAC will strictly enforce the reporting deadlines set forth in this provision. If you are a candidate at an international Test center, please carefully review the actual Test date, day, and reporting time printed on your LSAT Admission Ticket for the LSAT Test." YOU ABSOLUTELY MUST SCHEDULE A TIME, DO NOT SHOW UP TO TAKE THE LSAT-FLEX WHENEVER YOU FEEL LIKE IT!

I believe the previous comment was referring only to the LSAT writing portion, not the lsat flex. In which case, they were correct, because the LSAT writing is self scheduled and you can take it whenever you would like

• 65 karma

@Heinz Doofenshmirtz thank you! I was sincerely worried that someone might have thought that he meant the actual LSAT-Flex (I read it that way at first) and if they just showed up randomly w/o a time, they would be screwed. I apologize to @kilgoretrout for attacking your comment, you are correct and thank you Heinz Doofenshmirtz for clarification!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@georgiannajd2b said:

I was referring to LSAT writing LOL. Of course you have to schedule a time for the actual test!

• sans-coeursans-coeur Member
    84 karma

Hi does anyone know if having bookmarks during the exam will be an issue? I use Google Chrome and have like 10 bookmarks on the top of my browser for me to click on for easy access to stuff. But will the proctor ask me to disable it?

• lsatmakesmecrylsatmakesmecry Core Member
    28 karma

How do you know what time/day you will be assigned to for the LSAT-Flex? I registered for November and it still showed in-person, even though it went online... Do I need to sign up or do they put me in a random day? #help I'm super stressed about it

• bellamaxbellamax Member
    68 karma

@lsatmakesmecry I'm signed up for the October 3 one and my registration didn't say online for a while. Eventually they'll send you an email to sign up for your day/time slot! Or so I've been told. I think the email is supposed to come 2 weeks before the "first test date" (so for me that would be October 3). When it comes, you can go onto ProctorU and sign up for a slot.

• amberngrimmeramberngrimmer Member
    7 karma

@"sans-coeur" said:
    Hi does anyone know if having bookmarks during the exam will be an issue? I use Google Chrome and have like 10 bookmarks on the top of my browser for me to click on for easy access to stuff. But will the proctor ask me to disable it?

I have some bookmarks on Chrome but they didn't ask me to disable anything. I don't remember exactly but I think that you use the "secure browser" you have to download for the actual test, so the bookmarks won't be there.

• herestoa163herestoa163 Member
    12 karma

Does anyone know if we have to set up a ProctorU account prior to getting the link/code/whatever it is to sign up for a time/date?

• OhDoubleSevenOhDoubleSeven Member
    edited September 2020 22 karma

Hi! I typically PT on my second monitor, which is bigger than my touch screen laptop. I believe I won't be allowed to use my monitor for the actual test, but does anyone know if the touch screen option will be allowed? ie. can I touch my laptop screen to skip questions/highlight/flag/etc. or must I use my mouse/touchpad?

• jwiltonjwilton Member
    62 karma

@herestoa163 said:
    Does anyone know if we have to set up a ProctorU account prior to getting the link/code/whatever it is to sign up for a time/date?

If this is your first time, LSAT should have the account set up for you. When the email comes around in the next week or so for the sign-ups, it'll contain your username and temporary password for ProctorU (you can use this temporary one forever, but it's better to change it to something more memorable right away). Entering these in on ProctorU's website will immediately grant you access to the system.

• lawschoolhopeful-7lawschoolhopeful-7 Alum Member
    11 karma

@jwilton said:

@herestoa163 said:

If this is your first time, LSAT should have the account set up for you. When the email comes around in the next week or so for the sign-ups, it'll contain your username and temporary password for ProctorU (you can use this temporary one forever, but it's better to change it to something more memorable right away). Entering these in on ProctorU's website will immediately grant you access to the system.

Is this true for first-time LSAT takers or first-time LSAT Flex takers? Thanks!

• DidAFull180DidAFull180 Member
    55 karma

@"sans-coeur" said:

Nah, you'll be fine.

• ThePeripateticThePeripatetic Core Member
    21 karma

@OhDoubleSeven said:
    Hi! I typically PT on my second monitor, which is bigger than my touch screen laptop. I believe I won't be allowed to use my monitor for the actual test, but does anyone know if the touch screen option will be allowed? ie. can I touch my laptop screen to skip questions/highlight/flag/etc. or must I use my mouse/touchpad?

I reached out to LSAC with the same question and got an email confirmation that a touchscreen laptop and using its touchscreen features are approved for the flex!

• OhDoubleSevenOhDoubleSeven Member
    22 karma

@ThePeripatetic said:

@OhDoubleSeven said:

I reached out to LSAC with the same question and got an email confirmation that a touchscreen laptop and using its touchscreen features are approved for the flex!

Great thanks!

• a1ex_682a1ex_682 Alum Member
    307 karma

Do we have to finish LSAT writing before they release our score to us? Secondly, does 7sage have any resources on the writing portion of the test? I’ve been out of college for a long time and would really benefit from some tips. Thank you!

• nasiba12nasiba12 Yearly Member
    34 karma

@"attal.taima" said:

When I took the August LSAT they opened up the writing sample 8 days before the test date and you just click a link and it takes you right to it. Make sure that when you receive the link from LSAT, you don't use it until you're in a quiet, empty space so you can focus because once the link is used you gotta start the writing sample.

Also, you can do it at anytime before or after your test but you won't get your score until after your writing sample has been approved.