Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help with questions??

rachel96rachel96 Free Trial Member
in Logic Games 16 karma

Okay so I understand the question just confused because two answers seem right to me! Maybe this will help someone with practices well?

Zeno's unfunished Furniture sells exactly four types of Furniture - Footstools, hutches, sideboards,tables,and vanities. Irene buys just four items, each of a different type, and each made of entirely of one kind of wood. Maple, Oak, Pine, or Rosewood. The following conditions govern Irene's Purchase.
'

1. Any vanity she buys is maple
  2. Any rosewood Item she buys is a sideboard.
  3. if Irene buys a vanity,she does not buy a footstool
    4.if Irene buys a footstoll, she also buys a table made of the same wood.
    5.Irene does not buy an oak tree
    6.Exactly two of the items sge buys are made of the same kind of wood.

If Irene does not buy an intem made of maple, then each of the following must be true EXCEPT
A. Irene buys a footstool
B. Irene buys a pine hutch
C. Irene buys a rosewood sideboard
D.Irene buys exactly one item made of oak
E. Irene buys exactly two items made of pine.

I thought the answer was D not B because if she doesnt buy an item that is made of maple then she cant but a vanity which means she buys a footstool and if she buys a footsool then she buys a table made of the same wood..right? so that means if she buys one that is one type of wood then the other needs to be made of the same type of wood and the table cant be oak so that means she can't buy the footstool and table becaue its the same wood so wouldnt that make D false? Since they have to be the same?

Comments

• 414 karma

Same error as your other post.
    Here, V -> F

You are right she can't buy a vanity, so V.
    Failing to satisfy the sufficient condition makes the rule irrelevant. So, you can't make the inference that she buys a footstool.

• rachel96rachel96 Free Trial Member
    16 karma

Thank you so much!