Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Advice for last month of studying

Christina.walton98Christina.walton98 Free Trial Member
in General 24 karma

I’m taking the October LSAT which is less than a month away and I am wondering if what I have planned will be a good use of my time or if I should make some changes. I’m planning on taking the rest of this week to review, and then taking PT 68-73 before the test. Should I schedule more PTs? I just scored 160 for the first time and am hoping to get my score up to a 165. I’m also taking the November LSAT so I also want to have PTs left over to practice before that test. Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• sierra_km24sierra_km24 Member
    73 karma

hello! I'm in the same boat as you — I score around 159/161 and I'd like to get a 165 too. I'm shooting for October or November but will probably withdraw if my PT's don't start averaging higher. This very last month I'm just drilling my weakest point, which is LG. I think if you could target your weaknesses in specific drills rather than purely PTs, you could see some growth.

• 769 karma

@"sierra.miral" said:
    hello! I'm in the same boat as you — I score around 159/161 and I'd like to get a 165 too. I'm shooting for October or November but will probably withdraw if my PT's don't start averaging higher. This very last month I'm just drilling my weakest point, which is LG. I think if you could target your weaknesses in specific drills rather than purely PTs, you could see some growth.

Yeah I think that’s a good idea. I already went from 155 at the end of August to 160 at the beginning of this month and I spent a lot of the time reviewing and practicing. I’m just so anxious about getting the next 5 points before the test.
    You can get a coupon for a later test if you’re not ready for the October test though! Up until the end of September I’m pretty sure. Don’t lose your money!

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

@"Christina Walton" said:

@"sierra.miral" said:

Yeah I think that’s a good idea. I already went from 155 at the end of August to 160 at the beginning of this month and I spent a lot of the time reviewing and practicing. I’m just so anxious about getting the next 5 points before the test.
    You can get a coupon for a later test if you’re not ready for the October test though! Up until the end of September I’m pretty sure. Don’t lose your money!

Can you still get the coupon even if you have already accepted the Oct LSAT being a flex on LSAC? I am trying to drill my RC into getting better but I might not be able to in time. At this point, it's all that's holding me back.

• miriaml7miriaml7 Live Member
    1016 karma

Hey! I have been using LSAT Hack's free explanations to review problem sets. The person who runs the sight, who I also believe used to work for 7Sage, is holding a free webinar regarding how to spend your last month before the exam. In case you or someone else is interested, I've copied and pasted the information from the e-mail below:

LSAT strategy webinar

I’m [Graeme from LSAT Hack] also holding a free webinar on how to spend the final few weeks of LSAT studying. It will last around an hour, and will be this Sunday, September 13th, at 2 pm EST. You’ll be able to ask questions too.

1. Sign up. You can sign up here: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_BNA2lCmCQNuUrbDSJz8dbw
    2. Recording. Can’t make it? Sign up above, and you’ll get sent a recording, as soon as it’s available (may be 2-3 days after the webinar)

Best of luck on the October exam!!

• 769 karma

@WouldRatherBeEating said:

@"Christina Walton" said:

@"sierra.miral" said:

Can you still get the coupon even if you have already accepted the Oct LSAT being a flex on LSAC? I am trying to drill my RC into getting better but I might not be able to in time. At this point, it's all that's holding me back.

Im pretty sure you still can up until the end of September

• WouldRatherBeEatingWouldRatherBeEating Alum Member
    456 karma

@"Christina Walton" thank you! That is good to hear!

• alienman1000alienman1000 Core Member
    135 karma

How did you raise from 155 to 160? That's the boat I am in

• 769 karma

@alienman1000 said:
    How did you raise from 155 to 160? That's the boat I am in

I had a lot of trouble concentrating in the beginning which is why I think I was scoring lower. But I started taking omega 3s and using the Headspace app and it has really helped with concentration. Also just reviewing and practicing

• Schedule the latest available PTs they have on here so you should be taking PTs within the 80's. These PT's are more reflective of what you will see on test day than older PTs