Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Improving Speed LG

Does anyone have any advice on how to get through LG more quickly? I have additional 50% time accommodations on the LSAT so that's what I practice with and I still feel rushed and can't always finish. What takes me the most time is problems where it seems like I have to test out every answer choice. On PT 68 I got -11 and -1 BR on the LG section so I know I can do the games it's just timing

Comments

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    481 karma

have you been following the foolproof method?

• 769 karma

@"Heinz Doofenshmirtz" said:

Like doing the same game over and over again? I haven’t done that but will it still be helpful if you’ve already watched the explanation video?

• Heinz DoofenshmirtzHeinz Doofenshmirtz Member
    edited September 2020 481 karma

@"Christina Walton" said:

@"Heinz Doofenshmirtz" said:

Like doing the same game over and over again? I haven’t done that but will it still be helpful if you’ve already watched the explanation video?

yes definitely, a million times yes! if you work to get your timings in the recommended time, it will benefit you greatly for games you haven't even seen yet. While the games appear different on the surface, the inferences they test you for are the same!

I just did my first section of logic games after two weeks and I still managed to go -0 thanks to hours of foolproofing (and I am by no means "good" at logic games. when i first started out, i would miss over half the questions).

And, just to add on to the games being the "same"---I took the august flex. One of the games in the section I just did was almost identical.

Foolproofing will definitely improve your score--make sure you check out J.Y.'s lesson on it.
    And, when you double check your answers, it helps to verify whether you went about it in the most efficient way possible. Just getting the right answer isn't enough, it's more about the process.

Hope this helps!

• emmacharleyemmacharley Member
    88 karma

I tend to finish the logic games at -0 with 3-5 minutes to spare! Two things that really help me out are
    1. Write down everything you can infer from the prompt in your diagram so that you can quickly reference them
    2. When you find a possible to a question solution always record it so that you can reference it in future questions

Basically, having everything written down and in your diagram saves a ton of time because it means you don't have to unnecessarily re-do and work