Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

My PTs will be 163 one day, 173 another. How can I reduce the range?

tifa1219tifa1219 Member
in General 21 karma

In the past week, on 5 consecutive days, I scored a 167,163, 173, 171, 163. I ate the same breakfast, took it at the same(ish) time, wore the same clothes even. The 171 and 163 were consecutive PTs (early 70s), so it's not an issue of earlier vs later tests. It seems that one contributing factor at least tends to be the types of RC passages I get. If I get 2 law 2 sci passages, my grade suffers. It's extremely disheartening and at this point, I'm starting to feel like my grade is up to chance. Which is of course true to some degree, but I would like to get to a point in the next couple weeks where those chances fall within a 5 point range, not 10 points.

Anyone have any advice for how I can achieve greater consistency? Is this normal?

Comments

• brookegojazzbrookegojazz Core Member
    360 karma

Do some BR to see what's going on! Different tests test different logical skills. I bounce as well but my gap has gotten closer when I identify what mistakes I'm making (whether that's content knowledge or testing practice). BR helped me figure out and then actually fix some of the deeper mistakes I'm making.

• emmacharleyemmacharley Member
    88 karma

Are you only missing more questions on RC or missing more questions overall? If its over all, maybe practice taking breaks/breathing and letting go of the frustration from hard RC passages so that even if you miss more on RC you're not letting that carry over to other sections. If it's just the RC, practice doing those types of passages with unlimited time until you get more comfortable.

• My last three PTs went 163-159-165. I usually stay in the 161-166 range at this point but sometimes I'll get blindsided by something and put up a 157 or a 159. Just try to review and see what kicked your a$$ on a particular test and try to weed out that problem through drilling.