Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unexpected quit from the PSI during LSAT Writing

lexige1111lexige1111 Member
in General 23 karma

Heyyy

just wondering if anyone have had the experience of unexpected quit from the PSI Secure Browser for LSAT Writing? don't know what happened but when i reopened the app it asks for an exam code and the link from the LSAC website does not work any more. called the technical services but have been held in line for more than 20 min now.

any help or sharing of similar experience would be greatly appreciated!

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    edited September 2020 795 karma

hey, I also had technical issues during my LSAT writing. It froze and deleted all of my work with 18 minutes left. I tried to click on the support button but nothing showed up. I rewrote my essay but I called LSAC immediately after to let them know and ask for a retry and they said they would reset it for me but I'm still just seeing "results pending" under my LSAT writing tab. This was for the August exam and we're supposed to get our scores back in two days, lol. I think they're just extremely slow with LSAT writing and honestly it's a headache to deal with

• lexige1111lexige1111 Member
    23 karma

Thanks for sharing! I’ve been having problem with calling LSAC tho...seems like the representatives are always on hold. Understandable I guess cuz its the busy days of the month.

@kilgoretrout said:
    hey, I also had technical issues during my LSAT writing. It froze and deleted all of my work with 18 minutes left. I tried to click on the support button but nothing showed up. I rewrote my essay but I called LSAC immediately after to let them know and ask for a retry and they said they would reset it for me but I'm still just seeing "results pending" under my LSAT writing tab. This was for the August exam and we're supposed to get our scores back in two days, lol. I think they're just extremely slow with LSAT writing and honestly it's a headache to deal with

• 50 karma

I also had this issue! Called technical support and they reset the link for me. The wait times are long, but I am able to get a hold of them within 20-30 mins!

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@rbhoj99 said:
    I also had this issue! Called technical support and they reset the link for me. The wait times are long, but I am able to get a hold of them within 20-30 mins!

Did you call PSI or LSAC? I called LSAC and she said she was trying to get ahold of someone for me to reset my link.

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@lexige1111 @kilgoretrout this happened to me when I tried to take it the first time. I ended up calling LSAC the next day and they were able to reset the link on my LSAC account, but the reset wasn’t valid for me until the day after..... but it could be that I called later in the day so just be aware. No internet issues for my second attempt though! Just make sure your WiFi is stable even if that means you have to sit next to your router.

• nach0049nach0049 Alum Member
    edited September 2020 36 karma

I had lots of issues with even getting the PSI browser downloaded in the first place, and the same thing happened to me. If it closes out on you mid-session PSI support directed me to copy and paste the very end of the link -- it said p= and then a set of capital letters -- into the PSI browser where it asks for the code. If that doesn't work, there's always good ole super responsive LSAC...