Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

⚖ Official August 2020 LSAT-Flex Discussion Thread ⚖

124»

Comments

• grsthle89grsthle89 Free Trial Member
    45 karma

@"LS-AT Walker" said:

@Frenchy said:
    I took my writing section September 1st and they just told me yesterday that it was cancelled because my ID wasn't in focus. Waited on the phone for an hour to have a 3 minute convo letting me know there's nothing I can do but retake. Here's an example of the worst possible writing scenario, in case anyone wants to feel better about their approved sections. No idea why it took almost 3 weeks to tell me this.

I read on another forum (can't remember which one), that this happened to someone else. They called back again and spoke to another person at LSAC who let them send in a photo of the ID. There is no reason the photo needs to be captured on test day. A valid ID shows that you are who you claim to be. If I were you I would call back and not take no for an answer, ask for a manager, do what it takes. Other people have been allowed to send in a picture of their ID, so should you be.

I sent a photo of my ID via email after being advised to do so on the phone. That was almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from anyone. I hope they change this rule regarding the writing sample for future test takers.

• LS-AT WalkerLS-AT Walker Alum Member
    66 karma

@grsthle89 said:

@"LS-AT Walker" said:

@Frenchy said:
    I took my writing section September 1st and they just told me yesterday that it was cancelled because my ID wasn't in focus. Waited on the phone for an hour to have a 3 minute convo letting me know there's nothing I can do but retake. Here's an example of the worst possible writing scenario, in case anyone wants to feel better about their approved sections. No idea why it took almost 3 weeks to tell me this.

I read on another forum (can't remember which one), that this happened to someone else. They called back again and spoke to another person at LSAC who let them send in a photo of the ID. There is no reason the photo needs to be captured on test day. A valid ID shows that you are who you claim to be. If I were you I would call back and not take no for an answer, ask for a manager, do what it takes. Other people have been allowed to send in a picture of their ID, so should you be.

I sent a photo of my ID via email after being advised to do so on the phone. That was almost 2 weeks ago and I still haven't heard back from anyone. I hope they change this rule regarding the writing sample for future test takers.

I am so sorry! That is terrible! Such a silly reason for a canceled section. Will they at least expedite processing if you write again? People need to know their scores... testing dates and registration deadlines are coming up fast.

• empocratesempocrates Alum Member
    170 karma

I wrote my writing sample on the 4th, and got an email saying it's approved last night. I didn't show my paper nor my desk and pencil lol

• Frenchy555Frenchy555 Live Member
    393 karma

@bruhhhhhh Just asked them. There no expiration for the score preview, it'll always be available within the 6 days after your score is released. Maybe if we're lucky we'll get it by Christmas?

• legallytiredlegallytired Member
    442 karma

@karko2525 omg thats literally how im feeling lol bc i feel like when i see it im gonna be so shocked cause its worse than i thought and im deadass gonna be in denial crying LMAOO

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@legallytired same LOL I literally changed my October registration to November just in case cuz I have not been able to study with all this anxiety over score release lmao Let's cross our fingers for a good score :'(

• karko2525karko2525 Member
    620 karma

@Frenchy I feel like LSAC did you so dirty and I am sorry that happened to you. Were you able to re-take the writing sample or send another ID photo?? I took my writing sample on 9/11 and it's still pending so I guess I am not getting my score back tomorrow lol! It sounds like a ton of people are not gonna see their scores til after score release.

• Just checked LSAC even before I got the email. Got a 173. Thanks a ton 7Sage, definitely could not have done it without the amazing resources & people here.

Good luck everyone.

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

Just got my score. I’m honestly devastated by it. I thought it went pretty well and I consistently scored above that in my prep tests. I need to raise my score by at least 8 points in order to even be considered anywhere given my low GPA... ugh. Withdrawing from October and signing up for November. I’m just worried that November will be a little late in the cycle?

• @kilgoretrout said:
    Just got my score. I’m honestly devastated by it. I thought it went pretty well and I consistently scored above that in my prep tests. I need to raise my score by at least 8 points in order to even be considered anywhere given my low GPA... ugh. Withdrawing from October and signing up for November. I’m just worried that November will be a little late in the cycle?

Keep your chin up and give it your best shot in November. I was in the same spot when I took the test before since I have low GPA and had it in my head when taking the test that I had to score 99.9 percentile. I blew the test and felt really bad. Having the target score in my mind just worked against me. Be relaxed and just try to "have fun" with the LSAT. I don't think November is too late in the cycle. You'll be able to submit applications in December, which is fine I think.

• zhongwinnie9zhongwinnie9 Alum Member
    33 karma

Just received my score, it is 167!! Even though it is not a 170+, but I still very happy about my score and the effort that I have put into it. It is where I expected myself to be. Especially considering the fact that when I first started, I didn't even know how to complete any of the logic games and was getting -10s on RC and LR. I took my first LSAT last year in July and came back with 158 and then a 163 in November. I then decided to take a gap year off and studied hard just for this one opportunity. I love seeing the upward progress of my score. It was completely worthy and thank you so much 7sage!!

• yeahniceyeahnice Core Member
    123 karma

Hi, so I just logged on, finally go to the my score page, but there's no score?! Does anyone know what's happening..? I'm so confused. I didn't receive any emails about them cancelling or withholding my scores.

• ARMANC74ARMANC74 Member
    210 karma

@yeahnice did you do the writing sample?

• yeahniceyeahnice Core Member
    123 karma

@ARMANC74 So after a loooong wait on the phone, (I do have a writing sample on file btw!), turns out - and this was complete news to me - if you have a fee waiver application that's conditionally approved ('m waiting for tax documents to send), they'll put your whole profile on hold. Hope this helps for anyone (if any) are going through the same problem.

• RC LAWYERRC LAWYER Alum Member
    85 karma

Is there a way to see the breakdown on our score, like how many LR were missed, LG, and RC? I know I can't view the actual test, but I'd like to know the breakdown if possible.

• jlewis2618jlewis2618 Member
    edited September 2020 69 karma

@kilgoretrout said:

It helps me to think about the Big Picture. We all know how hard this beast is. Some people get it right the first time, other people get knocked down, even kicked when they are down, but keep going, keep fighting, and when they reach their goal the story is so much better, and their victory so much sweeter.

You are not alone. Scored well beneath my PT average as well as my expectations. Kind of sick to my stomach. I guess our experience with this exam will continue. Gotta keep pushing, sharpening, and pray that we meet the November exam a little better prepared, and lady luck smiles a little more in our direction.

• 7SageUser-27SageUser-2 Member
    58 karma

@"RC LAWYER" said:
    Is there a way to see the breakdown on our score, like how many LR were missed, LG, and RC? I know I can't view the actual test, but I'd like to know the breakdown if possible.

It's undisclosed, so no. I wish we had that info too. I really want to see what I got wrong (and what this one question that tripped me up should have been).

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

@"RC LAWYER" said:

It's undisclosed unfortunately. I'd love to see what went wrong for me and what sections I need to work on :(

• I want to say a big thank you to JY and the rest of the 7Sage staff who helped create this amazing resource. I just got my results back, and scored a 168 - 5 points higher than my PT average. I honestly could not have done it without 7Sage.