Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

so dejected i can't believe it

ive been studying since february as a full-time undergrad and was consistently around the high 160s-low 170s for tests. just got my score and it's a 162.
i don't know what went wrong? i know the score itself is fine, but it is so far off my expectations. i don't know where to go from here. i've been so over this test ever since i took it in august -- how do i get back to studying?

Comments

• kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
    795 karma

Wow we are in the same boat. My scores/targets are a little lower but I'm honestly devastated by my score. I was consistently scoring higher and thought the test went pretty well. I've spent so much time and money on studying for this test and my score now isn't even that far off from my diagnostic, which is infuriating. Clearly my studying methods haven't gotten me far so I know I need to reevaluate but I'm just so beside myself I can hardly think straight right now.

I've also been over this since I took it in August. I've been trying to study for October but now I guess I'll have to delay until November. I wonder if I'll even be able to apply this cycle :(

• js-45555js-45555 Core Member
    54 karma

I also did way worse than I anticipated. It really is a blow to my confidence and makes me question whether I will realistically be able to improve by enough by the November exam.

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

You need to evaluate yourself by your consistent pt scores. If you scored like 5-8 points lower than normal that doesnt mean thats truly where you are

• jlewis2618jlewis2618 Member
    edited September 2020 69 karma

I'm with you. Sucks. Devastated. Sat for a while after my exam and tried to set some expectations regarding the possibilities for my score. Was sure that i scored somewhere between 165-170. The vast majority of my PT's fall in this range, and i actually felt better than normal afterward so was thinking it may have been toward 170 or even possibly above. Have been slacking the last 3 weeks. Scored similarly to you. Time to get back on the horse.

Some people get lucky, some people get punched in the face and have to claw their way to success. The later is a better story any way right?