Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

feeling defeated.

kilgoretroutkilgoretrout Alum Member
in General 795 karma

hi all. i just saw my august score and to say i'm disappointed is an understatement. i've been studying full-time since april and my score was lower than any of my prep tests. it wasn't even that far off from my diagnostic.

i think what i'm most upset about is that i've spent so much time and money preparing and i feel like it's gotten me nowhere. i have no excuses for why my score was so low, especially since it wasn't my first time taking the test AND i had a good feeling about it after. i need at least 8 points higher to be considered at my law school choices, especially since my GPA is so low.

clearly i need to reevaluate my studying habits but i'm so beside myself i can't really think straight now. i'm just overwhelmed by how much i probably need to change up, defeated by the lack of progress and really anxious about whether or not i'll even be able to apply this cycle. i was signed up for october but i'm pushing it back to november now. i'd appreciate any advice/words of motivation.

Comments

• lexxx745lexxx745 Alum Member Sage
    3190 karma

When things get low you have to push yourself and move forward. Look at the way you were studying, was that the best way possible? Look at your pt scores and your weaknesses. Do you understand why you got questions wrong?

Keep your head up!

• DominiqueGDominiqueG Member
    36 karma

Hey there! I am so sorry to hear things did not pan out as you expected. It happens to the best of us and even the best laid plans will not always pan out. I have not actually taken an LSAT as yet so I don't have much words of wisdom. But I do know that once you're in law school, regardless of where you end up going, you won't even remember this test. Even less once you're a practicing lawyer.

So I'd say, take a day off and do something completely unrelated to the LSAT, then regroup and figure out what exactly may have gone wrong. On the bright side, it would seem you are completely done the curriculum which means there is nothing brand-new that will surprise you on a given LSAT. You're not starting from zero and it's all about the small improvements that you can make until November. The very last LSAT for most US schools is I believe Jan/Feb. So even if November does not turn out the way you want, you still have more options to choose from. Also, November is a while away. If you do 1 prep test per day until then, you could complete 50 prep tests (not recommended lol). But the point being, you have a good amount of time to figure out which sections are not your strongest and which to improve upon. It is 100% okay to be overwhelmed right now but don't beat yourself up. This year has been difficult for everyone and there is so much going on right now. So be kind to yourself! I'm sure the next time around will be much better :)

• wyattmacfarlanewyattmacfarlane Alum Member
    5 karma

I'm so sorry to hear that! That is tough, I agree, take a few days off before you think about what to do!

• jlewis2618jlewis2618 Member
    69 karma

I posted this elsewhere but then saw your post:

It helps me to think about the Big Picture. We all know how hard this beast is. Some people get it right the first time, other people get knocked down, even kicked when they are down, but keep going, keep fighting, and when they reach their goal the story is so much better, and their victory so much sweeter.

You are not alone. Scored well beneath my PT average as well as my expectations. Kind of sick to my stomach. I guess our experience with this exam will continue. Gotta keep pushing, sharpening, and pray that we meet the November exam a little better prepared, and lady luck smiles a little more in our direction.