Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

169 August Flex: November retake strategy?

lisabelle306lisabelle306 Core Member
in General 22 karma

Hello everyone! So I was slightly disappointed about my LSAT score today. Although it wasn’t too far off from my average (171), I want to maximize my performance and even try to shoot higher for November (break above 173). My PTs have been a little inconsistent, my range is 168-174. How can I narrow this gap, and what strategies would be most effective to achieve my retake goals? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• lisabelle306lisabelle306 Core Member
    22 karma

Also, if anyone is in the same boat — or has a greater mastery of the LSAT than I do — let’s get in touch. I’m open to working with a study buddy :)

• FaviPapi-1-1FaviPapi-1-1 Member
    313 karma

To better answer your question, we, or at least me, need to know what you scored for each section... Anyway, here is how I think about it: if you scored a 169, then you can definitely score higher as long as time is not a concern... Good luck!

• lisabelle306lisabelle306 Core Member
    22 karma

@FaviPapi unfortunately, my test was undisclosed. However, RC is usually my weakest section — with LR coming second and LG being my strongest.

• martinxi679martinxi679 Member
    281 karma

I think we are in the same boat: RC being the weakest, LR in the middle, LG being the strongest, and both aiming for that mid-170's mark. My friend and I are both scoring around low 170's, so would you like to join us as a study partner? Please message if you are interested, thanks!

• @lisabelle306 said:
    Hello everyone! So I was slightly disappointed about my LSAT score today. Although it wasn’t too far off from my average (171), I want to maximize my performance and even try to shoot higher for November (break above 173). My PTs have been a little inconsistent, my range is 168-174. How can I narrow this gap, and what strategies would be most effective to achieve my retake goals? Thank you in advance!

I had the same issue and would do the following:

Step 1: From your existing test results, spend time figuring out where the inconsistency stems from i.e. figure out which question types you are getting wrong/not sure about when you are scoring on the low end of the scale.

Step 2: Once you have the specific sections/question types. Spend 1 week (or a few days) just drilling on these rigorously and do set of 5-10 questions at a time for LR, 1 section/1 game at a time for RC + LG. Do blind review.

Step 3: After this do PTs for the 2nd week and perform same analysis as step 1.

Repeat until 2-3 days before the test.

If it's all over the place and you can't narrow down on question type, I'm guessing it's just fatigue of full length tests in which case ignore step 2 and just keep practicing & reviewing at the same time each day and under the same conditions.

• cgucgu Member
    12 karma

@martinxi679 said:
    I think we are in the same boat: RC being the weakest, LR in the middle, LG being the strongest, and both aiming for that mid-170's mark. My friend and I are both scoring around low 170's, so would you like to join us as a study partner? Please message if you are interested, thanks!

@lisabelle306 said:
    Also, if anyone is in the same boat — or has a greater mastery of the LSAT than I do — let’s get in touch. I’m open to working with a study buddy :)

I am also in the same boat: 173 PT average, 170 August flex. Not sure if this will be the blind leading the blind but I'd love to study with you guys!