Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How do you know if you should push your test date?

VitoTellVitoTell Core Member
in General 42 karma

I'm taking the Oct 3 and the deadline to push it to Nov is approaching.
My past 6 tests have averaged to a 168, (163-173-168-175-163-168). These scores are so all over the place, and with only 2.5 weeks left I'm inclined to push it to Nov to give me more time to close this gap. My goal is a 170. Any advice please?

Comments

• _iamnw96_iamnw96 Alum Member
    437 karma

Is this your first time taking? Your scores are in good shape, I don't see how it would hurt to take both October and November.

• VitoTellVitoTell Core Member
    42 karma

Woops no I forgot to mention an important thing - it would be my 3rd time (and hopefully final)

• Burt ReynoldsBurt Reynolds Alum Member Sage
    957 karma

I'm in a similar boat. I'm averaging between a 167-168, but my scores have been very inconsistent. I'm leaning towards moving my test date to November because I still have a majority of the PTs left and have ample time to study.

I think it really comes down to knowing your habits. If you know there are areas where you can still improve (for example, SA question in LR and in/out in LG), then I would consider pushing back. Also if you have plenty of PTs & timed sections left, then it might be worth waiting (but I know you mentioned this is your third take). Hopefully this helps!

• FlaxseedsFlaxseeds Member
    40 karma

Does anyone know the steps to moving the test to November? Do I have to call LSAC? I don't see an options on my lsac account...

• bruhhhhhhbruhhhhhh Core Member
    89 karma

@Mayonnaise said:
    Does anyone know the steps to moving the test to November? Do I have to call LSAC? I don't see an options on my lsac account...

Someone on Reddit said they called 2159681393 (LSAC office) and successfully asked for a test date change free of charge.

40 karma

@bruhhhhhh said:

@Mayonnaise said:

Someone on Reddit said they called 2159681393 (LSAC office) and successfully asked for a test date change free of charge.

thank you!!

42 karma

@Mayonnaise did you try? If so, did it work?
    Thanks!

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

Our situation is almost exactly the same, except I haven't hit 175 yet. I'm curious what you decided to do (Oct will also be my third take)

• sushilover930sushilover930 Core Member
    76 karma

I emailed them and they got back to me within 48 hours - they changed my test date from October to November :)

42 karma

@Ellegoals I've decided to take October...

• acquadiiceacquadiice Core Member
    121 karma

if you are not consistent, i would say no

• EllegoalsEllegoals Member
    342 karma

@VitoTell Good luck! I'm sure it will work out for you!

• howdoichangemyavatarhowdoichangemyavatar Free Trial Member
    edited September 2020 52 karma

I think its important to know the circumstances surrounding the 163s. How did you feel taking those tests? Did you have a hard time focusing? Were those tests taken after a full day at work? Were there any distractions? My pts were pretty consistent except for days I tried to take one after a day at work (score drops similar to yours - 10points), but I didn't put much weight on them because I knew they weren't representative of what I felt I could do running on a full tank.

40 karma

@VitoTell said:
    @Mayonnaise did you try? If so, did it work?
    Thanks!

Yes, they did change my test date very quick and easy process! Or you can get a coupon for future tests. BUT it took me nearly 2 hours to get someone on hold, prob bc it was the last day to register for the November test and on the website it said "high call volume blah". If you're on a plan that wastes call minutes, I definitely recommend calling with a google number so it's free lol. Sorry for the late reply, I didn't know how to check notifications in 7Sage